ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Did you add ebay angel eyes to it? Or did you do a different mod? Looks interesting, kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I like it alot. I figured it might not be doable on the low-pro headlights, but you just shot that out of the water. lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think it looks...not so good, but then again I don't like the "angel eyes" on anything other than BMWs

·
Registered
271 Posts
i dig! XD im gonna do the same later when i have some spare time to my nb! can you take closer pics of it? and any advice on how to keep them on?

·
3,857 Posts
I personally don't like it...
Don't get me wrong!
I also tried that a year ago
http://bluelaguna94.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album19
and even though it kind of looks cool in the pictures, in real life the lights look bigger and kind of funny (like a miata with prescription glasses).
I was thinking -at that time - that it might be looking good if it was inside the lense and not just around it, but I found that too difficult to implement...
Another thing is that with the real lights on doesn't look so cool, so you have to drive around w/o the main beams on so that it would be visible...

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally don't like it...
Don't get me wrong!
I also tried that a year ago
http://bluelaguna94.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album19
and even though it kind of looks cool in the pictures, in real life the lights look bigger and kind of funny (like a miata with prescription glasses).
I was thinking -at that time - that it might be looking good if it was inside the lense and not just around it, but I found that too difficult to implement...
Another thing is that with the real lights on doesn't look so cool, so you have to drive around w/o the main beams on so that it would be visible...

Just my $0.02
That's the great thing about living in a free society. Everyone is free to do what they like as long as it isn't illegal.

People seem to be a love it or hate it. Most people who see them in person like them.

Regarding a few comments/questions. They are attached with a few dabs of clear silicone. Seem to be holding fine and you can't see it.

You can still see mine with the lights on but not as striking as when they're off. I personally don't think they look like prescription glasses but again, different strokes.

I like them so that's what matters. :D They're 100% reversible if I change my mind.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Never been a fan of copying BMW's, therefore I don't dig it.
However, I don't hate it. It does look better than the "angel eyes" on a regular 7" stock housing...lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
Never been a fan of copying BMW's, therefore I don't dig it.
However, I don't hate it. It does look better than the "angel eyes" on a regular 7" stock housing...lol
Amen to that. I think the stock headlights make the car look somewhat whimsical. But im iffy on the low pros as well. That being said... I think that is the best angel eye mod i have seen on a miata. The fact that its reversible is the iceing on the cake IMO.

-Jeremy

·
CR.net Supporter
242 Posts
Looks good in the pics, but I have to ask, why did you opt to make the rings instead of buying the Hella lamps with the angel eyes uilt-in? Is it due to the tpe of lamps included with the Moss kit being an incompatible fit?

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I love the look of regular low-pros of all kinds. If I wasn't debating removing my headlights completely, I would probably make a set using 90mm Hellas w/ H9 bulbs.

·
3,857 Posts
That's the great thing about living in a free society. Everyone is free to do what they like as long as it isn't illegal.
I'm not a cop and I'm not gonna give you a ticket but if you drive around like that after the sunset is pretty illegal :roll:

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I think it looks great. Copying BMW would be the horendous z3 body kit.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am not saying I am going to run out and do it but I really like projects like that, and LED projects in general.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts