ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Miata. This is probably why i feel so tortured right now. See, right behind me in a box is all this stuff waiting to go on the Miata:

Waiting. Taunting, torturing me.

... but I promised I'd finish the Neons first, so here I am, elbow deep in my brother's neon, ripping it's heart out. I've already pulled the fuel tank, the 3" exhaust, the fuel lines, rail, regulator, and extrudehoned intake manifold. Once they're all out, the car is getting all stock components and sold. Then I have to put all the stuff in my Neon.

Right now it looks like some sort of swapmeet Super Autobacs on my garage floor. Intercoolers, FMUs, exhausts, you name it; they're all scattered around the shop right now.

I'm gonna end up with a 300whp fun frontdriver with no traction, yet... the damned ITBs keep calling me, chanting "install meeeee!" over and over and over again!

I need to get these Neons done. I just need more arms to do so! Soon though, soon I'll get to hear the racket from my ITBs. I'm just counting the days now. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and by sick and wrong you mean "so right it is insane", right? :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
I miss my Neon, if only because I've never had a car that was so cheap to play with. Parts were practically free. Amazingly good front-drive handling, too - I honestly think it drove better than the B13 SE-R I had (though the Neon could have used the SE-R's LSD).

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I miss my Neon, if only because I've never had a car that was so cheap to play with. Parts were practically free. Amazingly good front-drive handling, too - I honestly think it drove better than the B13 SE-R I had (though the Neon could have used the SE-R's LSD).
How true how true. I try to stay away from the .org because it makes me want to get another one.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ironically, the .org makes me want to blow mine up so i'm not associated with the 80 percent of that board who's asshattery brings a bad name to the car... the worst part? I'm on staff there.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
...and by sick and wrong you mean "so right it is insane", right? :p
Oh totally. I hope that when I eventually refinance my house I can find a way to fit a lift into the budget for my garage. Probably gonna hafta forego the lift in order to fit a guest house above it though.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Ironically, the .org makes me want to blow mine up so i'm not associated with the 80 percent of that board who's asshattery brings a bad name to the car... the worst part? I'm on staff there.
Well, I guess I should have clarified. What I meant was that every time I get on the .org, it makes me want to get another Neon so that I can show the .org how to properly modify a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts