ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I posted a while back about getting some Ebay coilovers to go with my AGX shocks. I had them installed a few days ago, and I'm not impressed. I'm getting the crap beat out of me on every trip I take, even just to work, and I've been waking up with neck pain every morning :|

So the springs are not going to work out. The shocks are on their softest setting and it's still like riding a go-cart with no suspension..

So my question is!

What's a good lowering spring I can use with my AGX's? I mainly wanted the coilovers for adjustability (I wanted the car a bit lower, looked like a monster truck) but I can deal with a set 1" to 1.3" or so drop.

What brand has a good, softer feel to it? I want the ride firm, but not like a rock. I want to be able to soak up at least SOME of the bumps. Trouble is, there's so many brands out there I don't know where to begin.

FM? RB? Eibach? Apex? H&R?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
GC are the only adjustable coilovers that will work properly for the AGX, cap it off with some FCM topmounts/bumpstops and your good to go.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not concerned about coilovers now, I can deal with some simple lowering springs. Forgot to mention that I don't want to blow a pile of money on them either (hence the Ebay ones in the first place ;))

·
This is a long user title
3,210 Posts
Buy the Tanabes on Amazon so I can see how it looks on a car :p
They're $130 with free shipping + 20 discount since it's more than 100$ so... 110$ shipped..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racing beat street springs
How do they ride? Smooth or jerky? How far did they lower the car? I don't want to go too low but I don't want a monster-truck-esque fender gap either...

As for the Tanabe springs - does anybody know anything about them? I'm leery of testing another set of springs :|

·
This is a long user title
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
i'm on fm's too..but the first version..they are lower than the new ones...the new ones are almost stock height...because of the bumpstops..fm will tell you can can cut off a dead coil or 2...i'd do 2 in the front and 1 in in a half in the rear...but i got the old version..and plus fm springs are the highest spring rate for just springs for miatas...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to look into the Tein springs... any links/prices? I'm already running the FCM bumpstops (thank God).

Thanks for the help, guys :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tein s techs arent that stiff... the first post you posted said you wanted a firm ride...but yeah it's your call though...
Well.... firm is relative at the moment. Like I said, the springs I'm running right now are like solid steel bars. I want something firmer than stock, but waaay softer than these. If that's possible. From what I'm hearing though the Teins may be the way to go... :D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
if you can find some swifts... i am a firm believer in swift springs now since i've been using them.... my ride is pretty slammed with them too. but they are super soft...

just my .02 cents

Scott

·
Registered
384 Posts
Buy the Tanabes on Amazon so I can see how it looks on a car.
I have Tanabe orange's, I'm happy with them.
I think if you lower too much with out addressing the travel your gonna have the same issues.
I put FCM bumps and it made a big difference on these shiddy Texas roads.

Tanabe's settle to a good hight, Low but not too low.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the teins right now and I think they are great. Large improvement over stock but not rattle your teeth out stiff. And they sit very even I think, no sag in the rear like most of the other springs I've seen.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts