ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't take anybodys advice on suspension online. I'm leaning towards BC coilovers next month, but curious if anybody has them on a car locally. Miata wise i've only rode on ricelands (came on my car) and the koni/tein combo on my old car. I'm not looking for super slam, I like cars that are nice and perform. Anybody on the East side willing to meet up one evening or weekend? let me know what setup you are running. I'm not looking for "the cheapest awesome coilovers" just a decent setup for 1000-1500. My car will see occasional track use (roadcourse) in the spring, but is a DD at the moment. I can deal with it being somewhat harsh. I all ready have poly bushings in the arms and f&r FM sways.

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you're looking at BC coilovers, I recommend looking at Megan. Megan's parent company is supposed to be BC I think, but in the US, megans sell for much less than BC. In the UK, vice versa. it's kind of weird

by the way, the cheaper 15 way Megan coilovers go for like 680-690 shipped to your door

·
Clappin' dem cheeks!
1,876 Posts
A buddy of mine has bc on his and they are blown after a year and a half........
I have a buddy who has megan ez streets but you would have to pm him and ask him. Maybe he will chime in.

take a look at forture auto coilovers and also std coilovers.. Yes std i know...... Just take a look at them lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ST or STD? I am interested in Stance as well. probably a worse name then STD.
I can get cost on Koni or KW, but it sounds like the Konis are far too soft to ever take on the track. Not sure about KW V1's or V2s. Always sworn by KW for VWs for quality, warranty service, and performance/ride, but I know some brands throw more $ into R&D for different makes.

·
Clappin' dem cheeks!
1,876 Posts
ST or STD? I am interested in Stance as well. probably a worse name then STD.
I can get cost on Koni or KW, but it sounds like the Konis are far too soft to ever take on the track. Not sure about KW V1's or V2s. Always sworn by KW for VWs for quality, warranty service, and performance/ride, but I know some brands throw more $ into R&D for different makes.
Std aka standard coilovers look them up they are different then ST.

http://www.stdsuspension.com/ look very nice and have a measurement on the coilover to get the preload and height set perfectly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody local with them or can comment on lifespan?
I know it will vary on ride height too. Not interested in any opinions or "experiences" from people who are herra flush/stanced or slammed. Only want to hear from people who like driving and having a decent car. So far so good in this thread

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you're going to spend $1400 on coilovers you should look into FCM coilovers. The downside is it takes longer to receive them since they're made to order.

I'm in Kent and riding on Megan EZ Streets and not slammed. Let me know if you want a ride.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah, I've been stuck at my girls grandparents place in samamish

I should of said with hopes of the snow being gone. Snows starting to melt, we will see though.
I am not going to make this a dedicated track car so any sort of clubsport setup would be a bit much on the street. I will probably move to an S2000 or M roadster / coupe when I want to really get serious,

1 - 20 of 41 Posts