ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I want something more like this...

I still have to work out the particulars, and there is the problem of burning my leg but I think it will be worth it... :twisted:

And yes, I realize that I do not have a V8 like the picture.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
One problem I see this might take up some ground clearance, which may be a problem if your car is lowered

M

·
0 Posts
Would you flip a coin to decide which side to exit on? Or fake duals?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
thats going to be stupid loud! the nopro miata has a side exit

·
Registered
600 Posts
too bad its only legal on cars before 1974 here. they say side exit exhausts dont pass smog and crap in cali. but if youre not from cali its probably ok

·
Registered
976 Posts
too bad its only legal on cars before 1974 here. they say side exit exhausts dont pass smog and crap in cali. but if youre not from cali its probably ok
i believe exhausts that cut off before the differential are illegal..

and why would side exit exhaust not pass smog?

if you still have all your emissions equip. it will still put out the same emissions with your stock exhaust.

kthx

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been considering that for a looooong time, but it may have to come on my NEXT Miata. I'm trying to figure a way for it to blend well though...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what would look terrible. it looks good on older cars but on a small car like a miata... just wouldn't look right at all.
Your right... those small Shelby Cobras look terrible with the side exhausts :D

That being said... I can't say that I like the looks of the red miata with the side pipes above but they might work with smaller/no heats shield and powder coated black.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I think most people that run them do that. I think they would look killer on a car like LostSoulMiata's

Another idea would be the megaphone style VW Stinger exhaust. although I dont think I would let it stick out near as much as they do on some bugs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
you could do something like this

or you could do like they do with mustle cars a just stop the exhaust half way back right after a muffler

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Denny I like that. I agree that it looked kinda shabby but had real potential (reminded me of the outlet on a Viper)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts