ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decide to take all the junk outta my interior :mrgreen: also used 1.6 dash to make thing simple and light. It's not pretty ,but that how I like it :mrgreen:

·
3,857 Posts
Hey Chris I think you have to start selling these...man you did a great job - as always!

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
awesome, I have a few questions...

1.) is that a normal guage cluster hood?
2.) where do you buy your carbon fiber sheets
3.) what do you use to cut it

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, I have a few questions...

1.) is that a normal guage cluster hood?
2.) where do you buy your carbon fiber sheets
3.) what do you use to cut it
Answer:
1.I told my guy at work to paint it 'non gloss' ,but he ended up painting it in high gloss black.
2. I bought my CF sheet from 'Super Autobac' in CA...I'm sure Bill can get some of this stuff for ya.
3. Luckly I have all kinds of cool tools at work! I used air saw and rotary grinders and sander.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I like my red carpet to do that, too hardcore for me. :)

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick!!!!! I f*ckin' love it! Function > form anyday. I'm still up in the air with my interior, but you just gave me some good ideas. Looks great Chris!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys!
Driver sit is indeed from ebay..forgot the brend...not that great IMO.
I would like to install some carbon sheet ,but they stop selling those right?

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I am on the verge of deciding whether or not to strip my interior. Looks good though man.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You should think about a half dash. That is the set up I will be running. (keep just the top half)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Nice, the 89 ~ 93 dash was the lightest, and it looks much cleaner than the dual airbag dashes anyhow. And you will shave 20# just by that dash swap alone! Then with the A/c out and all the lines and vents that is another 20#.

You should get a weight on all the parts and see how much total has been removed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts