ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I have to say i agree with everyone else on the copper tubing.... :suicide: ....why did you not put a radiator in the front, looks to have room there? :dunno:

·
Registered
243 Posts
so, copper it is..... Doesnt corrode, so why not.
Copper

Also copper

Your understanding of materials and their properties for engineering uses is greatly lacking if you can't make this basic connection. The reason you're "breaking new ground" on this stuff isn't because you're smarter than everyone else who builds cars. It's because what you're doing isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
362 Posts
hey man

like I'm not trying to **** on you or anything, honestly

but if more than one person is saying "this probably isn't a safe idea, man" it probably might not be safe

I ain't Emilio, Keith, or even The Blackbird, but I'd imagine they'd be like

and those dudes are pretty good at cars

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Ghetto or not, still works.

Dont have a tig welder for aluminum, aluminum too expensive, 1.5" rubber lines wont flex the way that i would want and they would become brittle in 125* vegas heat, so, copper it is..... Doesnt corrode, so why not.

Just winging **** together.
Current Metal Prices

Aluminum - $0.73 USD/lb
Copper - $2.22 USD/lb

·
wow
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
due to numerous complaints, i redid the radiator.

enjoy the harbor freight welder

First: you cut a big ass hole in the trunk

Second: you get some metal to direct some air

Third: you build a frame so the radiator won't fall

Fourth: Test fit the radiator

Fifth: Test fit your 5000 cfm greatness

Sixth: make sure your trunk closes and put some holes in it for fan to breath

Seventh: Make sure your rear bumper fits and admire your work

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
wow.

that's a rad TRD style Mk4 trunk lid.

·
wow
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Well, i decided to build a dash for the car to give it a cleaner look.

Bought some posterboard and started cutting and taping everything together to it fit pretty nice, then i transferred all those cut pieces to a piece of steel, traced them out and built the puzzle all over again riveting them together so they are permanent.

I then wanted to build a new switchboard and instrument cluster.

I measured everything and made sure it was center then started cutting.

Test fit went well.

At last, i tried something that i have never done before. Upholstery. The corners has me struggling and there is 1 seam at the top, but overall, no complaining with the finished product.

I am currently waiting for 3 more digital meters to go underneath each gauge. Orientation did not matter at the time of the photo. All that is left is to rivet the switchboard and instrument cluster in place and then get the dash portion of it done and then bolt everything in.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts