ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a ton of trouble with it running like complete crap when cold.. No CEL, Misfiring, unable to stay going, and so forth. I first thought it was the key on the crank found it was welded in by PO while changing timing belt, far as I can tell I have not jumped any teeth on the cam gears and everything seems okay.

Set the timming back to 10* and have also unhooked the ISC and no change, cleaned it and again no change. Another weird issue that may be unrelated but may mention it is I keep breaking alternator belts, I checked the pulleys and such and they are all alined and don't show any wobble.

My next step is compression testing as I fear the engine is getting ready to give up the ghost, but any out there issues with the 1.6 I'd like to hear it as I've gone through everything I could find on the engine from searching around.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update with the issue resolved in case someone else has this issue.

I said screw it and bought a new coil. I disassembled the old coil and found the contacts to be corroded and thus most likely causing this issue as it has vanished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts