ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,755 Posts
Remove helper springs, set the collars, done. Simple.

They go low, bounce like ****, and they are barely worth the money. But just say **** it and do the thang already.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah my mate has a unti with a 4 wheel alignment so can get it all sorted back in line after a swap no problem

I know the point was more to see what the best way to sort the raceland ones to go lower because I want sure what the guys had been taking off but I though if I didnt explain it would just be another 'raclands are ****' thread.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Everyone on any forum will hate on Racelands. So yeah you're gonna get flamed lol
But I'd say go with Rokkors. Stiffer spring rate, longer warranty. They're the same company, just better parts.
I also have my race (not low enough) suspension setup tucked away in my garage if I wanna do a track day

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haa cheers onetime, I knew it was gunna happen just needed to get it out there that I wasnt some dafty who wants to bounce round the track like a idiot bawleer! . Ahh cheers for that info, Didnt realise they were the same company.

Off to ebay I go :D hahaha.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Everyone on any forum will hate on Racelands. So yeah you're gonna get flamed lol
But I'd say go with Rokkors. Stiffer spring rate, longer warranty. They're the same company, just better parts.
I also have my race (not low enough) suspension setup tucked away in my garage if I wanna do a track day
stiffer spring rates is not going to help any unless the shocks can handle them. It will only make the ride even bouncier than the racelands already are

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah thats what I mean by 'race suspension' too, I forgot you need to word things perfect to avoid smart arse comments like that on forums.
At a track day ,you race, I have suspension I use for such 'race' events thus 'race suspension'

I dont mean I have a full f1 tested mad super amazing suspension set up its just uprated shocks and springs which are far more suited to as track event. some folk need to relax.

Just funny how this has 9 replies and only 3 were of any help. cheers to the ones that were helpful tho!

·
red?
1,239 Posts
Can I offer a different solution? Sell your Tokico/H&R combo. Then buy a set of nicer coilovers (nicer than Racelands, that is), like FM V-Maxx, BC, Stance, or Tein Street Basic/Basis/Advance. Then simply raise your car up and get an alignment every time you want to do a track event.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Can I offer a different solution? Sell your Tokico/H&R combo. Then buy a set of nicer coilovers (nicer than Racelands, that is), like FM V-Maxx, BC, Stance, or Tein Street Basic/Basis/Advance. Then simply raise your car up and get an alignment every time you want to do a track event.
What about set car at track height and get an alignment......then drop it from there, so everytime you raise it back up, it already has its alignment for that height :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts