ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
You can buy parts of it to make your own replica. The front bumper is Nopro. The flares are either Nopro or Mazdaspeed. The wing is Nopro but is a "one off" custom part for the race team although they sold one just like it for the NB last year at auction for around $800. The wheels are 17x8 Weds Sport. The engine is 13B-REW rotary. Check the JDM Tuner Shop section and the forum sponsors. Warning: it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yep. www.nopro.jp I believe its called the GT Look kit. Try contacting one of the forum sponsors. Won't be cheap but chances are you won't see another one in this country.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My widebody is still for sale. Not QUITE the same, but significantly cheeper! Still uses 17s, and a very similiar body,

·
Registered
586 Posts
In that link...after you click on it....scroll down to NOPRO. The kit is under "Roadster NA GT-Look"

Also in that link are alot of different JDM brands and there bodykits as well for all mazdas.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
takakaira linky no worky for firefox browsers. If you're gonna go through the trouble of doing the Nopro kit (and doing it right) be sure to patronize our fine forum sponsors. I imagine the NA kit is comparable in cost to the Nopro kit Caleb put on his NB, which is to say damn expensive.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
That also doesn't include shipping which should be on par with the price of that bumper/flares.

There are days when I daydream about the NoPRO kit...sigh

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Are those takakaira prices shipped to my front door? What a lot of people forget (and what a lot of businesses fail to mention) is how quickly the other costs add up. You've got to pay local taxes in Japan, international shipping by air or sea, customs and brokers fees to cross borders, shipping from the port to the shop that is facilitating the transaction, local taxes (especially if you live in CA), profit for the vendor (takakaira, R-Speed, whoever), and then freight shipping to you wherever you happen to live. According to Nopro the front bumper costs ¥79,800 in Japan ($673) and the front and rear over fenders cost ¥71,400 ($602). That doesn't seem so bad until you figure it'll probably cost hundreds of dollars more by the time you actually receive it. Don't forget to save some money for paint and installation.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ya shipping sucks. Rod at Testsuya Garage has been very patient with me regarding some pieces I want to get. The problem is that EMS shipping which is the cheapest has a size limitation and the piece I want is 15mm too long. So shipping goes from $50 to $350. That is just a side sill, I can't imagine what a bumper must cost to ship. As soon as I get the new job offer he'll get a call.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
EMS isn't the cheapest. Short of buying your parts a plane ticket on a commercial airliner EMS is the most expensive way to go. It is, however, the most safe and secure way. SAL (by sea) is less costly but there is no package tracking available. Forget about FedEx or UPS unless you crap $100 bills every morning. If you can stand to wait a long time for your parts to arrive the most affordable shipping is by sea container so long as the cost can be amortized over many parts needed to fill the container.

·
Registered
490 Posts
So cheapest shipping method within reasonable timeframe then. Or does EMS and SAL take the same amount of time? I was told 5-7 days for my most recent purchase and I'm ok paying for that timeframe.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
SAL is at least 30 days and no guarantee you'll ever get it. EMS is the way to go unfortunately it just costs a lot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts