ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first car (driven in high school).

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/274443646.html

86 Toyota Cressida 4 door 6 cyl, auto. Runs good, drive it home today. Good title but sold as-is for parts because there is no current registration. (none for past 3 years) Irvine
it looks clean.

mine was originally burgundy, but by the time i drove it, it was brown-ish. the rear suspension sagged like crazy and people thought i lowered it. we affectionately called it the poop-mobile.

so now here's this one, and i'm tempted to buy it (even though I probably shouldnt, seeing as how i have that Z in the garage now). but if i get this, i can put off getting an suv even more. the miata well then go into the garage and stay there so i can work on it more. except now that it shares the garage space, that'll be a bit difficult too.

and so the question is, what do i have to do to get this thing registered so i can drive it?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I hade a burgundy one too! was an 86 also....

was a nice car except for the fact that you couldn't get in and out of the drivers door because the lock was f-ed up, and the trunk didn't open either......

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
linh - be prepared to pay another 500 to get it registered.

and jose, its bone stock right now, all i've done is take off the fender trim in prep for bigger wheels and rolling.

needs brakes and plugs and wires, then i can start suspension work.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you really think it'd take $500 for registration?

i called him, left a message.

dont steal my car! :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts