ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Awesome!

I noticed the RUSH MOTORSPORTS miata. If anyone in Socal needs technical information or ANY questions about performance, those guys know their ****. They are good people with very decent fabrication prices. In fact, I'm thinking about having them modify my roll-bar into a half cage.

They are located in Clantee, I mean, Santee, Ca (san diego)

http://www.rushmotorsport.com/

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the SoPac races I have been to Rush cars have dominated SM. They do seem to have something over the rest of the field.

I didn't know they were in klantee. Wonder if they are hiring, I need outta the little shop I am at. haha.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Woooo, there I am!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
489 Posts
We had a huge run group for the weekend. 50+ cars for Pro-7, Spec Miata, ITS, ITR, etc...

Saturday-Qualified second from last in class (terrible for me). Discovered that both front shocks were blown. Started 14th, made my way up the 8th or 7th (can't remember exactly) and ran out of gas 2 laps from the end... My dad screwed up the math and I didn't double check. That was the 1st stupid mistake in a decde of racing for us. #-o I felt so stupid...

Sunday- Super freaking windy. Loosened the sway bar (only has front) before qualifing, got rid of a nasty push the car had. Qualified 10 spots better overall and 5 better in class. Everyone slowed down about a second and a half because of the wind and I took off about 3/4 of a second. So that was a good deal. Finished the race (with enough gas, lol) in 8th.

Not bad for my second race at the track and a good recovery from Sat. too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kinda times does a Pro7 do around that big place? I was playing with a SSB miata in my old track toy 1991 and were in the 1:42.7's or so. My boss ran a 1:17.xxx that weekend in his CSR, but in the race Sunday only did a 1:19.xxx but that was still good enough to break the lap record for CSR.

·
Registered
489 Posts
1:37.xxx are what the fast guys were running that weekend. I managed to get into the high 1:40's with my tired motor. Ehh, could be better.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn, 1:37 with that little hp ain't bad. heh. I shoulda bought a spec7 when everyone was selling them off back a few years back to buy SM's. saw some good cars for like $4500 with the damn trailer. I have spent more than that on my camera equipment! lol

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yea, they're not bad. Mine makes about 120hp to the wheels. They really are the most affordable way to get into car racing riht now. Spec Miatas retain their value really well so they can be a little pricey and you have to cheat out the ying yang to run up front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts