ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday on my way home form work I was stopped at a stoplight and asked to roll down my window, I was expecting 100 other things other than I will give you 3K for it. So I tell the guy to stop a the gas station and wh will talk.

I show him my rust and he said he doesn't care he just wants one with a HT for the winter.

So now here is where I would like CRs help in helping me decide if I should do this or not.

Let me start by telling you that I love my car but hate that it has rust (was kinda planning on getting another anyways), and that if I was to be getting another I would want it to at LEAST have a BP and torsen is a plus.

Here are some pictures I have of mine

Nothing special basically stock I have removed things and tucked the bay but what you see is the gist of it. The paint has faded since summer I have given up on buffing it because I am frustrated with rust.

So if I decided to sell it, I would come to two decisions either buy a shitter and save the rest for a good deal on a 1.8, or try to find a miata within 3K. (This car is my daily so I need to replace it.)

If I were to buy another NA this is the best candidate http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2741317052.html the market here is ridiculous with people wanting 8K for an NA. I would still want a BP so I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave a miata but I don't want to settle.

I just need help deciding to sell, and what to do if I do sell.

TLDR; I got offered 3k to sell my daily and I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Factor in the fact that the hardtop is worth ~$1000. So really he's giving you $2000 for your car.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I believe the proper post after that title is...

"And I took it!"

:dunno:

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid 2000 for the car and 800 for the top. No one would ever pay 1000 for a HT. I know I would not, plus my HT was cut for a roll cage. (Or should I say trimmed)

EDIT: I have no idea why mine is so high, suspension is stock and installed correctly. I was told that 96 was just a really high year. :dunno:

3k seems fair to me and he said I could name a price. I told him I'd get back to him after some thought.

·
Registered
904 Posts
yea my 96 was pretty high on stock suspension also. If you can get a cheap beater for the winter and save up money you might make out on the deal but at the same time come spring time prices usually get hiked for these cars.

·
Supporting Member
356 Posts
With that kind of rust and mileage doet and dont look back.

Get a beater and wait to find the right one

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Crap.. I paid 1k for my HT, actually it was 1500 with some 15x9 TR motorsports and tires:roll: But ita paid a G for it because it was the color of my car.. tell him 4k and get an NB:blaugh:

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But I am fond of the NA and NBs are crazy expensive here.

·
Mnt Climber/ Trail Runner
180 Posts
But I am fond of the NA and NBs are crazy expensive here.

Then travel for it! I picked my RUST FREE low miles NA in Indi through Ebay! Was it gamble? Sure it was and it paid off handsomely. It is a leather package (meaning torsen) it had 47K miles and it was CLEAN. In May 09 I paid $4,700 which was roughly $2K less than a similar car in Tampa. With plane tickets, gas and food it all came out to 5,200.

I just bought an '02 TRD 4WD Taco, in Colorado Springs. For the right car I'm more than willing to travel!!!

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been searching everywhere in a 5hr radius. *le sigh*

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried trading mine for a white NA but he took me trying to catch him as a race and I didn't want to get pulled over.

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Adam, get rid of it. Wait for a decent one to come about. Bum rides off of Ryan for a few weeks or buy a $500 beater and save over the winter.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
offer 3.2k, take the deal even if its 3k. Its not bad considering what you payed for it. Save up for a few months, put down the 5k on a nice, in good shape NA/NB of your choice.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts