ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/25/cruise.ship.overboard/index.html

HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- More than four hours after they fell from a cruise ship into the Gulf of Mexico, two vacationers were pulled from the water about 150 miles off the Galveston, Texas, coast early Sunday, according to the cruise line and the U.S. Coast Guard.

The 22-year-old man and 20-year-old woman apparently fell from a passenger's cabin balcony on the Grand Princess about eight hours after the cruise ship left the Galveston port, said Julie Benson, spokeswoman for Princess Cruises.

Coast guard officials "found the man nude in the water but he was then clothed and is now on the ship's deck in a wheelchair," Shaw said.

Houston Coast Guard Lt. Kevin Kurczewski said a rescue helicopter and jet were deployed at 3 a.m. to search for them.
Hmm..couple falls off balcony into the water at 3am.......naked. May I suggest a little ass-smackin' was going on?

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
lol, i've heard worse story, theres a hotel on azusa called Pacific Palms (down the street from kinod). A boss of some company was having an affair with his secretary, only the secretary fell and same scenario too, only the balcony was at a pretty high level, and there was no water under.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I am sure they were doing the nasty. But If I fell in the middle of the ocean with clothes on, the first thing I would do is take it off. Wet clothes gets heavy and will fatigue you faster causing you to drown.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh thats just hilarious. LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
lol, i've heard worse story, theres a hotel on azusa called Pacific Palms (down the street from kinod). A boss of some company was having an affair with his secretary, only the secretary fell and same scenario too, only the balcony was at a pretty high level, and there was no water under.
She probably didn't "fall". I bet his wife was about to find out :mrgreen:

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am sure they were doing the nasty. But If I fell in the middle of the ocean with clothes on, the first thing I would do is take it off. Wet clothes gets heavy and will fatigue you faster causing you to drown.
Sort of correct. If you enjoy summer cruises with a winter parka and grandma's kniitted sweatshirt on, then yes, that may weigh you down. But otherwise, clothes acts like a barrier between you and the elements, even when wet. During my water-survival training, we were taught to remove one item of clothing (usually the pants) and use it as a flotation device, amazingly, it works. Just make sure your skivvies are clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts