ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help a friend who jumped then gun on hit AE101 setup. So I get that I need to get a gm open element iat sensor and tap into the Afm . I'm not sure on the connection .And what about placement of the gm coolent sensor. Thanks in advance iv searched but can't fi d exactly what I'm looking for

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv read thru the miata section, I didn't see anything on the coolent sensor. Not saying it's not there, I may have missed it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you , I'm just trying to do a quick fix for the kid. Trust me if it was my build I like to get all info be for i start anything.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I always hated this method because it just seems like a hack job way to do it. I know hundreds, if not thousands, of people do it this way because it's cheap, easy and allows you to revert to stock if needed and they don't report any issue. But on my car I'm contemplating cutting off the AFM connector and using weatherpac connectors for all the wires. In the very unlikely event that I ever go backwards and reverted my car to stock, I'm hoping that the weatherpac connectors don't induce some micro resistance that causes some measurable and undesirable effect.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I always hated this method because it just seems like a hack job way to do it. I know hundreds, if not thousands, of people do it this way because it's cheap, easy and allows you to revert to stock if needed and they don't report any issue. But on my car I'm contemplating cutting off the AFM connector and using weatherpac connectors for all the wires. In the very unlikely event that I ever go backwards and reverted my car to stock, I'm hoping that the weatherpac connectors don't induce some micro resistance that causes some measurable and undesirable effect.
I don't know about the earlier models, but on the 1.8L setups you can't cut off the AFM connector; it's molded on to the AFM itself. Anybody have a source for the mating connector?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I don't know about the earlier models, but on the 1.8L setups you can't cut off the AFM connector; it's molded on to the AFM itself. Anybody have a source for the mating connector?
I'm talking about cutting off the harness side of the connector. There is no mating connector available, which is why so many people use the hack job electrical tape method shown above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts