ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just re-organizing the entire library of R&S, HyperRev, Kanji, you name it magazines from Japan and I thought it may be cool that we start threads in this group only concerning a particular Road&ster issue - like for instance, could we open a thread only dedicated to say #32 and discuss its contents? This particular issue is chock full of things that it may benefit some good and creative discussion.

Obviously this would only make sense to people who have this particular issue....but anyone up for discussions by issue?

#32 was purley just an example...but we can start at #1 and go from there.

Oh well....just brainstorming.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think it's a great idea. When I first open a Road&Ster issue I'm overwhelmed and want to discuss all the cool and unfamiliar stuff inside. Unfortunately, my collection is a little sparse. I've only got issues # 2,13,14,15 and 34.

M

·
0 Posts
Since I completed my R&S collection, I've been working my way through an issue a night before going to bed (gives me sweet JDM dreams...)

I'd like to discuss all the many vendors who appeared in those early issues who I had never heard of before! It's amazing how many companies and products (and weird body kits by today's standards) came and went between 1989-1996.

Do you have a scanner, Peter? (I do). Maybe for those who don't have access to the early issues we could post scans of some of the more interesting things in each issue.

How about we flip for even or odd # issues?

:wink:

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Im surprised no one talks about is the wire sets that birdge both electirc fans with propper relays.PLug and play too! I think those are really cool and wish they cold be easily available in the states.

Anyone else seen these?

When I get home i'll scan the articals in to show those who have not seen.

·
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issue #14 and #15 are killer - you have the best ones there IMO.

I say I start things off with #14 - but need some time to gleem over the pages a bit more and get hyped up over the killer stuff in there.

This is a good idea as I (and others) can identify things in there that you simply cannot figure out.

Stay tuned....

M

·
0 Posts
I think it's a great idea. When I first open a Road&Ster issue I'm overwhelmed and want to discuss all the cool and unfamiliar stuff inside. Unfortunately, my collection is a little sparse. I've only got issues # 2,13,14,15 and 34.
I'm blown away! You're such a know-it-all, I assumed you had most of them. So you've learned everything you know online, huh? Vely implessive!

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
What would be really cool is if someone could translate some of the cooler articles, like the auto power-down switch conversion in issue #40!

M

·
0 Posts
What would be really cool is if someone could translate some of the cooler articles, like the auto power-down switch conversion in issue #40!
You're into that too?! I keep thinking I've found someone to translate it, but then it always falls through. I'm going to ask Mak again. Thanks for reminding me!

Bill

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Scans! Scans!

I don't have any R&S myself, so I'll have to rely on the scans to follow along ;)

I do have 3 HyperRevs and 4 full Mazdaspeed catalogs though... We should start some kind of book exchange club!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Well- I read the Hyper Rev books front to back and inside out!!! I feel I get more out of the Hyper Revs than I do the R&S, which I read every time I go to the Kinokuniya BTW! Im just too cheap to buy them I guess ;) I used to buy Option and Option2 mags though...

M

·
0 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts