ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 with 13K miles with a stock JR MP45 kit from Moss. This includes a Powercard. I have added a cold air intake box from DDM Works.

Sometimes when driving around town, I get idle droop when I come off the throttle. It is most noticable when I stop at a traffic light. Twice it has died on me. I have checked for vacuum leaks and reset my idle screw. Normally, it idles around 900 or so.

The idle goes up and down when the AC kicks on and off so I don't think its the IAC.

The other confusing thing is it doesnt do it all the time. It hasn't done it at all today. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
My car does the same thing, I think it's a faulty vacume hose. I just rest my foot on the gas when I am at stop at a light.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
hmm mine idles good just for some reason it will idle at 1200 for a few seconds then drop down to 800

might want to check you IAC

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have an idle droop as well, mine hasn't stalled out on me yet, but it happens once the engine is nice and warmed up. And occurs btw shifts, and as soon as i let off the throttle. The revs will drop to about 250? or so RPMs and then bounce back up, i plan on resetting the ambient idle sometime this summer as i believe this is the culprit for me.

Instructions for resetting ambient idle are here------> http://www.miata.net/garage/KnowYourCar/S7_Idle.html

*edited for clarity*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts