ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently having some idle issues. My 94 with PS and AC with high flow fuel pump with JR supercharger (no powercard or boost management of any kind everything for the most part is set at stock settings) idles oddly. It will idle anywhere from 800 - 1100. Any ideas on how I can get it to go consistent? Also, when I throw on the AC my rpms plummet and sometimes the car will even attempt to stall out. The belt that goes from the crank pulley - ac - ps - tensioner for the belt seems to be near shot and makes an odd noise. I have tightened it as much as it can go and if I loosen it, it slips.

Best I can think of is possibly my (original/stock) battery is lame as hell or I just need more tension on the belt or I need some type of fuel management.

Also, does anyone know the best idler pulley to use? I thought about getting some of the nylon ones that Jackson offers, but wasn't sure if there were better.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
Joel

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumpity Bump Bump

·
Registered
209 Posts
*shrug*

I can tell you my 95 (same as your 94, but stoooooock) fixed it's idle issues with a new coolant temp sensor.

Go down the route, though: ten + gnd, set idle to around 850, check timing.

If you're good there, check for vacuum, check for unmetered air, and make sure your electrical connections and grounds.

From there, go to the IAC. Tough little bugger, since it's coolant controlled.

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help man, I just ordered a slew of new parts and am gonna slap em in and see if it helps.

Cheers,
Joel

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oooph! Careful with that! haha

For the vacuum leak thing, most parts stores rent you a gauge.

Unmetered air? That's tough.

I dunno. Just don't do what I do with new parts and IMMEDIATELY rip open everything and laugh with glee... That method makes it tough to return parts you don't need, haha

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but I like to see fresh stuff put in anyway :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts