ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member on this forum for quite a while but have taken a hiatus for a few years. For those that forgot, this was my old car.

I got it pretty much how I wanted it, then parted it out :lol:.

I went through several cars since then, but ultimately decided nothing really compares to a miata for the drivers feel to price ratio.

About 2 months ago, I decided to pick up this 04 Mazdaspeed miata. It came with a few extras including motegi tracklites w nitto nt-05s, LRB belly pan and wilwood brakes with 2 piece rotors front and rear. I instantly ditched the factory shocks and springs and through on some tien street flex coilovers. Then I intalled a harddog rollbar, fab 9 intercooler, intake and racing beat hollow front sway bar. Here are pictures of how the car currently sits.

I just got done installing the garage star frame rails and decided to weld the brake line brackets to the factory center brace thats on a mazdaspeed. Ill post some pictures once the brace is back on the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got it pretty much how I wanted it, then parted it out
Had to laugh at this - that was my dad back in the day (get it exactly the way you like it, then sell it!). My son sort of fell into that as well: sold his first Miata and, as it was pulling away, he turned to me and said, "Man - I miss that car already!" Thankfully, he's back in an NA (after trying an older BMW and an NB).

Really like your NA and can't wait to see what you do with the new car

·
Registered
1 Posts
/ATTACH]Wow. How I can identify with that!!! Just sold my red '90 NA (104k) stock and a 9.5/10 Bot a '04 Mazdaspeed (150k) 9/10 There is just something about how an NA drives/feels/handles. (like the Lotus Elan it was fashioned from) As good as the Mazdaspeed is, 50% of the Miata character/personality is traded for HP and newer hardware. Twitchy FAST and a harder ride. Alright, it's only been a few months. I'm getting used to it. Like a new suit.

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
😁.... Been rather busy, just havent been on forums too much.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tein street flex, 16x8+25 te37, r888r, hardtop, recaro rzs redone in red fabric, somewhat custom intake and intercooler piping with precision intercooler, rebuilt the turbo, new downpipe and exhaust.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,353 Posts
Nice! How'd you get the seats redone?

Brian might've mentioned it, but I've got some "fun" stuff left on my car this year.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seats were already redone when I got them. Whats in store for your car? Get those panels painted?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,353 Posts
Whats in store for your car? Get those panels painted?
Need to [re-] do clutch, flywheel, and tranny seals (throwout bearing crapped out on me)
Replacing all control arms (got new bushings in a different set)
Add extended top mounts up front
Put motor mounts back to OEM

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Extended top hats necessary up front? What are you changing them too? This car is about done. I'm not going quite as crazy on it as my last car 🤪

·
Mufasa in Training
32,353 Posts
Extended top hats necessary up front? What are you changing them too?
Trying to clear up a clunk issue up front. Might forego them if the control arms fix the issue. Also had new upper ball joints put in the control arms, and will be replacing the inner tie rods as well.

In either case, they're Maruha top mounts.

This car is about done. I'm not going quite as crazy on it as my last car 🤪
Good for you, man! I'm just trying to get my car where I 100% like it as a semi-daily driver, and only then am I worrying about paint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts