ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored atm so I am going to start a build thread.

I purchased the car in March of 2011 and it is my 2nd miata. After falling in love with my NA I wanted something with more power. I tossed around the idea of turboing my NA but due to my current situation I couldn't go without a car for even a weekend, let alone the amount of time it would take me to do the work. So I ended up picking up a 05 Mazdaspeed Miata. When I picked it up it had under 26k miles. Now I believe I am at almost 40k.

It is going in the garage for the winter and hopefully when it emerges it will have at least new suspension and hopefully a HDHCDD rollbar.

Current Mods:
Flyin Miata Downpipe
Flyin Miata Cat-back Exhaust
Flyin Miata Throttle Body Inlet Pipe
Flyin Miata High Performance Intake Kit
GFB Recirculating Blow-off Valve
Large Intercooler w/ATP Silicone Fittings and Turbo Clamps
Adrenaline Racing Radiator Cooling Panel
Tuckin99 Brace Bar
Garage-Vary eyelids
15x7 +20 Rota Grid-V's in Gunmetal

Parts waiting to be installed:
Ryoku Rob tow hooks

Future plans: (in order)
Coilovers
Rollbar
15x9 wheels
injectors
ECU

Here it is when I picked it up in Detroit

urban2 by MMeador, on Flickr

Seeing how it will look when I get the boat anchors off

1306096967_picsay-1306096967.jpg by MMeador, on Flickr

New wheels installed, hood popping hard parking like a champ

IMG_5517.JPG by MMeador, on Flickr

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Nice car. :)

What's the Tuckin99 brace bar?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:
Well the car has been put asleep for the winter. Battery hooked up to a trickle charger and stabil added to the gas tank. :cry2: HOWEVER, I am still accumulating parts waiting to install before summer :D

So far waiting at the house to be installed are: Ryoku Rob tow hooks, Stanless clutch line, center console cubby (replaces airbag control and will relocate that to the glove box), TDR Front splitter, and a new washer bottle to relocate it from the engine bay to cowl. Also, I just purchased a set of 15x9 6uls in nickel and plan to paint them gunmetal gray (same color as the wheels currently on my car) And within the next month I will be ordering my coil overs. Either FM Vmaxx or Megan EZ-streets. Haven't completely decided.

IMAG0361 by MMeador, on Flickr

IMAG0362 by MMeador, on Flickr

IMAG0363 by MMeador, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
inb4 ti curse.

nice car.
It's already started... was parallel parked and some white trash backed into me. :cry2: Gonna have to get quotes on getting that fixed in the spring

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a set of 15x9 6uls in yesterday. I plan on painting them gun metal to match my rotas.

Will hopefully be ordering suspension in the beginning of March.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decided to go out in the garage and work a little today. I Mounted my tow hooks and planned on mounting the splitter but my drill was shot. So I did a quick test fit of my 6ul's and called it a day.

Rear tow hook

Front tow hook

6ul test fit

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
A picture?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is a tuckin99 harness bar but doesn't have the tabs. It was on the car when I got it.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another weekend, another partial step done.

Decided to do a test coat of plastidip on my 6UL's. I am still on the fence if I am keeping them or not so I don't want to do anything to them that is not reversible. I plan on taking his one wheel and getting a tire mounted so I can see it on the car.

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
You painted them black? Why didn't you just get black?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You painted them black? Why didn't you just get black?
I picked them up used. I didn't want nickel and I don't really want black either but since I don't know if I want to keep them or not, I just did plastidip so i can peel it off if I want. Once I decide if I am keeping them or not, I will get them professionally painted gunmetal.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts