ClubRoadster.net banner

im cryin right now... *update 5/7 have other problem*

1K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Miazda318 
#1 ·
...my motor blew. PLEASE HELP.

i was driving home from work and the motor started to tick. i pushed n the clutch and it died on me. there was steem everywhere. i got it home and my compression is at 40 all the way through. it turns but doesnt crank. my guesses r the water pump, head gasket(i put a new one on 2 months ago), or i warped the lower end.

PLEASE HELP ME...give me suggestions please. im despirate.

* o and im short on money. lol

#10 ·
Re: i cryin right now...

Check the timing belt, this happened to me merging on the highway once. If the timing belt broke, the intake or exhaust valves may be open on your cylinders, therefore causing the low compression. Water hit the ground when mine broke. I also thought it was the end. If you blew a headgasket, the water will usually go into one cylinder, not all 4. Also check for water in your cylinders by pulling a spark plug. My bet is the timing belt. Pull the valve cover and check.

#16 ·
k...the timing belt is fine...imma pull the head and replace the gasket (being the cheapest fix at the moment). my clutch is going out...i i said it died when i pressed in the clutch.

thanks for the motor site...a new motor right now is a last resort.

#20 ·
noodle: yup like 2 months ago...

my head bolts were pretty loose...all of them were oily but the 4 middle bolts. they were super dry...i dont know if that bad or not. i didnt see water in the oil but it smells like it. i pulled the head and the pistons look fine, there is no play...but i do think the head could be warped and some valves may be damaged...so i dont know what im gunna do....

#23 ·
Re: i cryin right now...

There is a junk yard a few miles north of my place on the I-49,I talked to them a few days ago, they have a 1.6 they are about to put on the lot from what i heard not alot of damage(think it is comsetic). I know they sell engines out if their cars for about 180, so no telling what they might charge for a head. How ever the guy I talked to had no clue when it was going to get to their place(I will be buging them twice a week, I as i need some stuff off it)

#24 ·
chucky: thanks man...for that price i may want the whole motor...depending on the price of the car i may want that...but mainly the motor. thanks.

i started to clean the surface of the block and noticed there were shavings in the upper part of the cylinder but the cylinder doesnt seem to be damaged. i also found fragments of the gasket in some of the cylinders to. and there was gasket kinda like melted over the cooling ports. it hasnt overheated on me till now. i've only had the car runnin for like 3 months...and it had a new gasket on it.

all i need to do is get it runnin so i can go more indepth with to find out if i did anymore damage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.