ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing small things to it right now but as a noob, what does everyone suggest I do to learn more about my car? Any small projects that you might recommend?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Get all regular maintenance out of the way; oil change, new plugs, wires, belts if needed, check for leaks, etc

Advance your timing to 14*

Replace your suspension with something new and not worn out.

Get some nice wheels tires.

Address any aesthetic issues you have with it, whether that be a torn up interior, faded cracked paint, cracked ugly weather stripping, just basically anything you are unhappy with when you look at it or sit in it.

Then decide to start chasing power if that is what you want.

edit: get a roll bar for safety.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
/\ This. Polishing all the plastic lights is easy and not too time consuming.

Read, read, read, search, search, search, study, repeat. There's tons of Miata related books, and countless amounts of info on teh interwebs.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Clean all the gunk out of the engine bay/under body area. just so its nice and clean, and in the future it would be easier to see if you have a leak coming from somewhere.

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Bring all maintenance up to date...

then do a lot of research before spending your hard earned $$$ on modifications...just remember..these cars have been around over 20 years..and if you can think of it..it has probably already been tried..and if it worked, lots of people have it..and if it didn't..well..don't say that you weren't warned..

Welcome to Miata world...

·
Murse Magnet
7,735 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do what you think your comfortable with and research a lot!! But first like everyone else said on this thread, bring all ur maintenance work up to date. That way you can have safe grounds to work and customize, without worrying about breaking down.:D

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
or do it and have fun at the same time
Yes xbeatles4x; I can remember when it was fun adding cool stuff to my cars too so I know how you guys feel about these things :) I am sorry to say the fun has gone for me when it comes to working on cars :( However I do admire all you guys and gals who take the time and trouble to make your cars special.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
winlowe has become self aware! Oh ****, SKYNET is real!!
clean the soft top drain holes.
replace all of your fluids, and rubber lines, as well as your spark plugs, and air filter.

Get the maintenance up to par before doing the fun upgrades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts