ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, super duper newb here. :mrgreen: I'm so new to this Miata NA rwd stuff its not even funny.

I just picked up a bone stock 91 silver Miataz with 59k miles for $4200......yes you heard correctly 59k MILES and i think i'm in love.......again. I'm in NYC Queens and i just bought it Thursday from an old man who was the 2nd owner. He's had it for bout 6 months and he bought it from the original owner who was a lady in Connecticut where it was garage kept and she only drove it out when it was nice out. She basically did 3k miles a year on this thing.

the old man i bought it from has bad knees and is going in for surgery soon so he had to get rid of it. I brought my mechanic buddy to check it out with me before finally purchasing it and he couldn't believe how absolutely immaculate it is inside and out and told me it's still a baby and should buy it right away so i did.

I've been desperately lookin for one for the past 2 months ever since i've recently learned stick on my Pop dukes S2k. I know i know you guys can laugh all you want. I've never had the desire to want to drive or learn stick plus i'm in traffic every day at 8:15am and 5:45pm hence why my Miataz will be a weekend drive only. Believe me I've already gotten **** for not knowing how to drive stick on PreludePower.com

Oh btw i have a 94 auto Prelude which is my first love. (pikchaz below)

i got bit by the whole stick, rear wheel drive, convertable bug when Pop dukes got his 03 S2k with 23k miles for $12 back in December. He bought it from his tennis buddy. A fcukin steal if you ask me. So i've been learning stick in his car on the weekends and i was simply hooked. Sooooo since i couldn't afford an S2k like Pops i sought for the next best thing which is damn near close to it. I lub how the Miata NAs look and the simple things that can be done to make it look fab. :fab:

i'm lookin to get OEM front and back lip as well as mudflaps for now. If anyone can suggest where from for inexpensive prices besides ebay that would be great. Will definitely be droppin the car and getting a hardtop later down the road. Gotta recoup some funds slowly.

for the pikcha slutbag peabrain whores..........

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Preludes blow. :D
Welcome to CR, check out our sponsors and vendors for parts:
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/misc.php?do=page&template=bumperstickers
will def check it out. THANKS. I'm slowly drifting over to the darkside. :twisted:
Welcome! You should check out the local thread http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=47041 and come by soon.
thank you good sir. I was just in that thread haha. I gotta do my rotors and pads first and double check my rear right caliper cuz its seizing and not reopening so its holding the car back. But i will definitely come out there to see you guys over in Douglaston. Where in Douglaston you guys meet up? I'm in Queens and literally 10 mins from there. I'm like 5 mins from CLAWS performance shop.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well if you need any help just drop on by the thread and ask. Most of us have done a decent amount of work on our cars already so we can help with any questions and possibly lend a hand.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if you need any help just drop on by the thread and ask. Most of us have done a decent amount of work on our cars already so we can help with any questions and possibly lend a hand.
why thank you my NA undercover brotha. :mrgreen:
we both newbs.. glad to see a local queens miata owner. good luck with your new project.
haha nice. I'm newbalous. Where in Queens you at? I need specs man. Year? Mileage? Color? I need to see PIKCHAZ!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome, I have only had my NA miata a month. I never want a fwd stick again after owning this miata, and really like how much more fun rwd is.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
Welcome.

Don't screw up that creampuff of a Silverstone NA. Silverstone is one of the less common colors.

I love my front and rear R Package replica lips that I got from R-Speed. They fit great and the quality is great. Price isn't bad, either.

·
Registered
799 Posts
welcome!! my first love was my prelude also, a 5th gen though. i miss my rice rocket =[

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to CR
thank you!
Welcome, I have only had my NA miata a month. I never want a fwd stick again after owning this miata, and really like how much more fun rwd is.
the more i drive the Miataz the more i fiend for it. :eek:
Welcome.

Don't screw up that creampuff of a Silverstone NA. Silverstone is one of the less common colors.

I love my front and rear R Package replica lips that I got from R-Speed. They fit great and the quality is great. Price isn't bad, either.
I will do my best to keep in top shape though i do not have a garage for it. :|

and hell yeah i plan on gettin the OEM front and back lip and some mudflaps for it to start. Droppin the car and gettin a hardtop will be a necessity for it later. I'm so damn happy i got the silver color. Its a nice suttle neutral color. I was also lookin for a white, black and i really wanted the smurf blue to match the Lude, HAHA.
Welcome :D

How about selling your Prelude for more funds?
thank you sir. Ludimus is the daily while the Miatzaball will me the weekend queen.
welcome!! my first love was my prelude also, a 5th gen though. i miss my rice rocket =[
hey hey that doesn't look rice at all. That looks pretty good with the kit and Mugen wing. Were you on any Prelude forums before?
Welcome to CR!
Is that a boot on your honda? or is that some type of security device?
why thank you good sir. And yes it's a booty. One of the joys of living in NYC besides the shitty roads. That wouldn't be the only security device i have on there. 7 buddies of mine have gotten their cars stolen and some of them right infront of their houses. I'm not taking any chances. The same will be applied to my NA.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome! I would seriously suggest a rollbar and hardtop first. Huuuuuge safety and rigidity difference, feels much more composed and its even more fun to drive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome to the fourm I thought the boot was a prank so the city wont ticket you for parking the wrong way on a 2 way street.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts