1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
495 Posts
What about running a boost controller/ecu setup that just changes boost as per gear your in? They already have that and alot of guys use it for the drag stuff.. Would be nice to have like 10 through 1-2 and then like 25 in 3rd when itll hook up..

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the MS miata changes boost dependign on gear..IIRC likw 1 and 2 get 4-5psi.... gotta love eletronic wastegates...

But i got a M45 so i get what i get depending on the pulley lol

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
i think the MS miata changes boost dependign on gear..IIRC likw 1 and 2 get 4-5psi.... gotta love eletronic wastegates...

But i got a M45 so i get what i get depending on the pulley lol
My Mazdaspeed Protege makes 0psi in 1st gear.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My WRX only does about 6-7 psi in first and second gear, at third is when it pulls 13.7 psi.

I don't really know how I've got my dual stage boost controller set up, but appearantly one full turn of the adjustment knob is good for 1 psi of boost. Which makes sense because I peak out at 5 psi of boost @ 4K RPM and I have the first knob turned three full turns and the second knob turned 2 full turns.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My WRX only does about 6-7 psi in first and second gear, at third is when it pulls 13.7 psi.

I don't really know how I've got my dual stage boost controller set up, but appearantly one full turn of the adjustment knob is good for 1 psi of boost. Which makes sense because I peak out at 5 psi of boost @ 4K RPM and I have the first knob turned three full turns and the second knob turned 2 full turns.
do you mean 6-7 psi at WOT? because you should do 13.5 psi (max boost) in every gear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
In cab supercharger boost controler comming soon. :wink:
If you look at some pics I have posted you should be able to figure it out. :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
i'd like to see it actually happen on cars. like to know what significant advantages it can bring to the force induction side of automotive. will it end s/c place on being motor driven???
whats to be of the outcome?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
it's a sh*tty turbo. think about it. it uses a turbo compressor and housing.....but it's belt driven. The disadvantage it had before was the fact that the wheel could only spin as fast as the motor spins. so you have no low-end.

with the "tranny" the wheel can have a better gearing based on the load, so you can build boost and torque faster....but then....why not buy a turbo? the turbo will ALWAYS make more torque than a supercharger. It's easy as hell, and think about the working parts that can fail.

·
Registered
459 Posts
yea... i have to agree in simply likin plain turbochargers over this new one.
one thought- anyone here know about porsche's new 2 stage turbo technology? i believe the fins on the compressor side expands at a higher spooling rpm. works like if centrifugal gorce spreads and locks two fins forming a large one or something ike that.

not a engineering breakthru if u ask me. someone was bound to apply that old technology which bears a large similarity to the points and vacuum advance of the old schoolers.

sorry to veer of topic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In cab supercharger boost controler comming soon.
If you look at some pics I have posted you should be able to figure it out.
posted pics where? are you controlling the SC bypass with a servo motor, or dumping air? Opening the idle control motor @ full boost will shed 2lbs.

but then....why not buy a turbo? the turbo will ALWAYS make more torque than a supercharger
well, not always.. lets say always above 3000 rpm.. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
In cab supercharger boost controler comming soon.
If you look at some pics I have posted you should be able to figure it out.
posted pics where? are you controlling the SC bypass with a servo motor, or dumping air? Opening the idle control motor @ full boost will shed 2lbs.

I can not tell you the info has not been relesed by the builder. But if you look real hard at the pic you can figure it out. :wink: PS hint; I will be able to change my boost anywere from 0psi to 15 psi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts