ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly have never been a fan of the riced out carbon fiber cars, but I finally have come to the point where I myself would like to get some oem style carbon fiber hood, fenders, truck lid, hardtop, rear valence, front valence and possibly doors.

I haven't seen it done before, but I figured it would look pretty sick to replace almost the entire body and have it resprayed Laguna Blue with a Hairline racing stripe to show that the car is nearly 100% CF.

Anyone have a clue on the best bangs for the buck?

I noticed C-wings has a carbon fiber oem style hood for $350.00 and APR has one for $1000.00? Anyone know if the C-wings pieces are worth it or if it is better to go for the top dollar one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
You mean kinda like this?
It would be most helpful if you could tell us what generation Miata you're talking about. NA? NB? NC? There are many carbon parts for NA Roadster but don't expect Honda cf over fiberglass prices. You'll pay more because the market is much smaller. You can get parts from Japan and some from USA. Check out Cruise Power and Axis Power Racing.

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone give me the url for Cruise Power, I can't track it down.

Thanks.

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, thanks guys! Right now I am checking out some of speedchoppy's CF parts, I am definately drooling over that CF Hardtop and might break my bank for it! That piece would be the sickness.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey I want to do mine in carbon also but am lost to were to look. I want a carbon trunk lid and interier peice also. I have started buying all I could find but as seeing I am new to the miata thing not sure were to look for the hard to find stuff any help plase also oh and the car is also an NA

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I can vouch for the quality of the Cruise Power doors. They're works of art.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Sweet, thanks guys! Right now I am checking out some of speedchoppy's CF parts, I am definately drooling over that CF Hardtop and might break my bank for it! That piece would be the sickness.
SpeedChoppy is good people, i have bought parts from him before!! A+ Feedback from Phatty!! :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Well I would have rather used online but I goess I will call from germany.
Yeah, unfortunately not all parts suppliers have fancy websites with electronic shopping carts for easy mail order. The time difference between USA and Germany makes it more of a challenge but if you can afford APR parts then a few dollars in long-distance charges is a drop in the bucket. APR is a very small shop and virtually everything they do is on a per-order-basis. Be sure to ask about lead times as sometimes they can get backed up and I know you're on an exceptionally tight deadline which will only further drive your build costs up. Don't forget shipping charges and customs duties to import to the EU.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No need for customs or shipping I have a military address so shipping is like I lived in America. I am already taking with him for my first order. I will not buy all the final carbon pieces and have them on by 6 april but by summers end it will have them all on it. I will try to atleast have the inside finished by then and maybe the rear area also :roll: :?:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts