ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fuckin smart
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying a compressor for home use. I just need it to operate an impact wrench and most likely just an air ratchet. Ive been looking online but the few I've looked at on Lowes or Home Depot have construction workers reviewing them, talking about their finish nailers and other stuff that wouldnt apply to me. That, they have no reviews or the reviews are really hit or miss.

I just want to know what I should be looking for when buying, brands to stay away from or brands that youd recommend since I'm new to air tools. I own a lot of hand and electric power tools now so ib4buildyourhandtoolcollection.

Mods, move this if this isn't the right place for this

·
Za Lord
943 Posts
I have a craftsman 33gallon compressor. It works fantastic and does everything I want it to. It came with a tool set comprised of a ratchet, air hammer and an impact gun. The gun is kind of weak, so look to replacing it soon after. But in the meantime, it's not terrible for a package deal.

·
fuckin smart
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
My advice: get an oiled compressor. They're much quieter than oil-free. Maybe a bit more expensive, but so worth it. I can stand next to my compressor while it fills and not want to kill myself. I can have a conversation while it runs. It's quite nice. And it should last most of my lifetime with regular maintenance.

As for brands, I like Campbell Hausfeld. They're pretty widely available and are quite well regarded. My compressor says CRAFTSMAN on the side, but I chose it because Campbell Hausfeld built it. You can buy CH at Lowes, Harbor Freight, Sears, and many other places. Just look on the manufacturer plate.

·
Registered
450 Posts
air tools need about 5 CFM otherwise the compressor will run constantly. Dont buy a compressor under this. If you buy a smaller tank comprerssor look for a `pig`its another tank that the compressor will fill thus giving you more air.

·
fuckin smart
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the craftsman pro one i posted i oil lubricated and delivers 5.8 scfm @ 90psi

Do it like the pros with this Craftsman Professional 27 gallon air compressor. SCFM delivery at 40 PSI: 7.2 SCFM, SCFM delivery at 90 PSI: 5.8 SCFM. Compressor pump is oil lubricated, belt drive. Heavy duty 1.9 RHP induction motor is fully equipped with power cord, no assembly required. 1 year limited warranty.

• Features Include:
  • 1.9 HP - Running
  • 120/240 Dual Voltage
  • Aluminum single-stage oil lube pump with cast iron cylinders
  • Max PSI Tank Pressure: 150
  • High-flow regulator
  • Quick coupler, tool and tank pressure gauges
  • Ergonomic handles and pneumatic wheels
  • 27" L x 24" W x 48.5" H; 162 lbs.

·
Supporting Member
1,543 Posts
Let us know how it is. Noisy, runs a lot, the whole rundown. I am wanted to get that one, but was worried bout the super low HP motor it has. Some of the older ones have 5+hp motors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts