ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody has induction kit for the Mk1 1600? I can't find anywere. Can anyone posta pic even on a DIY.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was looking for something like this.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Is there a specific Japan-market only intake kit you're looking for? Yes? Then RoadsterJDM.net can help you - check out the JDM Tuner Links section of the forum. Just looking for a generic intake that allows you to fit a generic cone filter? Then this is a question better suited for Miata.net, Miata.net forum sponsors, Google, local MX-5 clubs, or the hundreds of automotive parts vendors Portugal and elsewhere in Europe that can supply you with what you're looking for. There are like a bazillion different intake kits for a Miata/MX-5/Roadster so it would be helpful if you'd be more specific as to what you're looking for.

P.S. Nice carputer.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What i'm looking is the that crome tube that goes from the AFM to the intake. My engine is 1.6 and there is no induction kit's (at least i can't find). But i found this pic of a 1.6 just like i wanted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure the kit in that picture is one of the induction kits sold by M-Xtra here in the UK.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I've had them both on my last two Roadsters; 1.6 and 1.8:

The 1.8 is badly designed; you need to, er, reshape it a bit to stop it hittng the bonnet.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I edited the above pic so it wasn't so big.

When posting pics within posts, please resize large pics so one does not have to scroll (too much) to see them.

Thanks!

:D

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Keep the resonator if you want to maintain that little bit of torque around 4k.
I'm currently working on a JR looking intake. I'm using the stock resonator and plumbing but it wil be shortened a good bit, hacking up the air box a bit (and flipping it over so the open end is facing semi-upward) and positioning it (with support arms for the box/AFM). The only issue I see is extending the AFM wiring. I was told a while back that you can slice the harness a bit and get some extra slack, but I'm going to need another foot or so, lol. Oh well, soldering gun here I come.

I'll post pics one day when I finish it....whenever that is. However, if all goes well, this will look very OEM and clean...not a hack job or whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts