ClubRoadster.net banner

Info on 94-95 Fuji Irtb kit with subcon..

908 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  FooSchnickens 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Im new to this forum, I just wanted to ask a few question about the 94 Fuji IRTB Kit with subcon ecu..

I have been in touch with Jimmy from Fuji-racing via email, and it seems i can get this kit for quite a reasonable price shipped to Australia. I just wanted to know a few peoples thoughts on the kit? Does the subcon ecu work well with the irtb's, are they easy to tune and setup? Does the kit come with everything you need to to get it firing?

sorry for all the noob questions.

any help would be great.

Cheers
Ryan

#2 ·
I don't think anyone is running the 1.8 w/subcon setup yet.

If it's the same as the 1.6s, the kit comes with everything to get it running.

Tuning is another story. invest in a WB02.

Seems like people who are running well with the subcon need to make adjustments while driving it.

#4 ·
I'm waiting for mine to show up (it should ship from Japan this week I guess). I'll let you know how well it works when it shows up but my long term plan is Megasquirt because I have the same fears you do. :)

#6 ·
We always tell the customer once you modify something it is very hard to match OEM idle/smoothness. Since you are already in the right place check the IRTB Thread:Fuji 1.6L IRTB with AEM ems and go to page 2 and Electic auto-x post is # 3 and his car idled like a rock with the subcon. Only real issue that I have seen is that the higher-elevation performance suffers. Under 3K RPM's there is a hesitation but all that is eliminated if you want to upgrade to a stand alone ecu.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

#8 ·
So i can use the subcon to tune with a wb02? i have read that a few people think that the subcon ecu is pretty average.. Im a little worried about spending 2 grand on a kit, and then have to fork out for a new ecu, coz its not running right.
The thing is, you're going to spend 2 grand on any IRTB kit and not have anything to run it. I think Jimmy's kit is the only kit that will get your car running on IRTBs for that kind of money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.