ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've looked through the 'Engine bay Pictures' thread a hundred times now, and I've noticed a number of cars in there have radiator shrouds that the stock car doesn't seem to have. It's in the area between the headlights, and has a cutout for the hood latch.

Does a vendor carry these, or is everyone custom making one? If custom, does anyone have instructions for making one? It certainly makes the engine looks alot cleaner.

Thanks.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes there are numerous radiator covers available. I'm sure some people make their own but I've never seen a template available for download. Most people just cut until you don't need to cut no more. You can buy new ones from ARC, Beatrush, Cusco, and a whole bunch of other companies that are listed in the JDM Tuner Shops section of the forum. There's also a variety of generic polished aluminum and stainless steel cowls available. Browse around and see what you find. It'd be great if you could create a thread with a definitive list of all the radiator covers ever made for NA, NB, and NC. A good place to start looking would be in Road&Ster or HyperRev. Or check to see what the forum sponsors have for sale.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I have a CF one that I don't need anymore...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made mine, like Pete did, from a door kick plate bought at Lowe's. Took a little while, but was cheap...
The pro-made ones do look better though...
I don't suppose you have a write up on just how you did it? Where and how you made the cut out for the hood l
atch, where it attaches, how you mounted the rubber stoppers, etc...
I'm sure I can figure these things out through trial and error, but I have so little time to work on the car
as is, I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if someones already done it.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts