ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on getting IRTB's in the near future and I was wondering what size injector you guys are running. Oh, and what size are the stock 1.6 injectors?

·
Registered
233 Posts
1.6l injectors are 205cc, and 1.8l injectors are 230cc. What's wrong with keeping the original injectors with IRTBs? The only reason I can see to switch them out is if you're going to be blowing through the throttle bodies with a super or turbo.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. I don't know, I just assumed that you'd have to run larger ones to compinsate for the extra air. But then again it's not that much more since it isn't being forced into the motor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
...i think you can use stock since the same amount of air passing through the throttle bodies is the same, unless you are increasing the size of the throttle bodies.

the advantage of the basic ITB setup is to give you much better throttle response, not adding a lot of fuel to increase HP.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I talked the Russ Collins (owner of RC Eng.) since I posted last and he recomended just having a set of stock ones blueprinted. And he only charges $27 (retail) per injector, sounds reasonable to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts