1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
danngit. So I:

Red 12V: 1B
Blue Heater Ground: 2B

White System Ground
Green Analog Ground
Black Calibration Ground: all connected to Engine Ground Strap in Engine Bay

Yellow Analog 1: O2 Sensor wiring Narrow Band Emulation to eliminate stock O2.
Brown Analog 2: Not used

Recalibrated O2 sensor

O2 sensor thinks that I'm running 20:1 AFR at idle. No way it could be doing that. When I increase fuel @ idle using the subcon, I can get AFR up to 16:1, but then it starts popping and seems to be super rich. Help!

·
Registered
212 Posts
sounds like a leak before the sensor. i used to have a lc-1, didnt like it at all. but it was one of the first run ones too. but my new AEM is the ****!!!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 1 pc OBX ceramic header which shouldn't have a leak, as it's 1 pc. sensor is in stock NB location, and the header is mounted properly (I didn't put the water line tab below the header).

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for teh PM. It's relatively accurate, and essentially how my innovate iswired, but mine still doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Best thing you could do is remove the entire Innovate setup and sell it, then buy an AEM. I've had nothing but problems with Innovate widebands, no matter what car they're on.

Other than that, try to free-air calibrate it (again) and also plug your computer up to it, it may be set up for the wrong type of fuel.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best thing you could do is remove the entire Innovate setup and sell it, then buy an AEM. I've had nothing but problems with Innovate widebands, no matter what car they're on.

Other than that, try to free-air calibrate it (again) and also plug your computer up to it, it may be set up for the wrong type of fuel.
It's not set up for the wrong type of fuel. Apparently when the LC-1 works, it does work better than an AEM.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
How do you like the AEM WBO2? And is it compatible with the oem ecu? Or do I have to emulate it like the LC-1?

BTW, I've heard nothing but bad reviews about the LC-1.
First off, no wideband 02 sensor I know of (Innovate, AEM, PLX, etc.) has anything to do with the ECU...unless you're eliminating a factory narrow-band O2 sensor and replacing it with the wideband O2...we always just add another bung to the exhaust.

Now, to answer the other question, I love the AEM wideband. It's very simple to install, isn't as bulky as the Innovate or the PLX (which is actually a pretty good setup, too, otherwise) and I believe it's also the least expensive wideband-O2. I have never had a problem with an AEM unit, and I have never not had a problem with the Innovate equipment. We use the AEM on as many customer cars as possible, as well as both drag cars, and I think the demo car even has TWO AEM widebands installed. I'll be getting the AEM for my personal car, as well.

And just so that it's said, I have no affiliation with AEM or Innovate, other than the fact that the company I work for sells both.

·
2,708 Posts
^^Thats the thing, I want to replace my narrowband so I don't have to add another bung(hole). Oh well, so where's the idea place for the extra bung(hole)? Thanks and sorry for the hi-jack :)

I'm doing my turbo install in different stages and would prefer to add the WBO2 asap, but don't have the time nor budget for a custom exhaust yet. But if I HAVE to install the WBO2 on the stock exhaust to tune, I will.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think your analog ground is in the wrong place. Mine (LM-1) is grounded where the stock narrowband is grounded, spliced into the harness about 1.5" from the ecu. This is the same ground that the stock sensor uses. If you don't ground it here, you will probably end up with a ground offset. The potential at the ecu sensor ground is different than the potential at the engine block. If a sensor, any sensor is not grounded properly, you can get a ground offset that will result in inaccurate readings.

I'm using an LM-1 and haven't had any problems with it. It is very accurate.

Bruce

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^Thats the thing, I want to replace my narrowband so I don't have to add another bung(hole). Oh well, so where's the idea place for the extra bung(hole)? Thanks and sorry for the hi-jack :)

I'm doing my turbo install in different stages and would prefer to add the WBO2 asap, but don't have the time nor budget for a custom exhaust yet. But if I HAVE to install the WBO2 on the stock exhaust to tune, I will.
The stock GReddy downpipe O2 location is too close to the turbo as per Innovate's instructions, some people seem to not have had a problem, but something to consider.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts