1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
come on dude, cross posting :/

·
Registered
116 Posts
You're not in quebec, thats a fucking sad story, your work is simply amazing.

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

this is just the beginning.
Moti's work is quite impressive
Lenny, I don't know how to say it, but I just finished pulling the masking tape and plastic off your car.
The paint job on your car came out a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
Bring some fresh shorts to change into after you s**t your pants when you come to pick up your car tomorrow.. :whistle:

Moti

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Mike and Kenjo!

It pretty much happens with every miata out there that gets a BFW 6 point rollbar, I get similar reports or the much improved stiffness and the massive improvement in ride quality, especially from those with modified suspnsion, but also from owners of car with the soft bone stock suspension.

For those who are too lazy to click the link, here's a bit from what was written by J. Kavanagh, the engineering editor -
Inside Line Magazine said:
That suspension works even better now that Project Miata's chassis stiffness has been fortified by the GT3 6-point roll bar. I'll go so far as to say that the car has been transformed by its presence, with the brunt of the credit going to its door bars. Much of the secondary jitteriness the body shell had while traversing bumps is now gone; the whole thing drives more all-of-a-piece. It now goes down the road like a fundamentally much more serious and capable car.

There's more. Project Miata's ride quality is notably more supple due to the roll bar. Inputs from the road can actually be damped out by the suspension, rather than simply being transmitted to the previously noodly (and undamped) chassis. Whether increased chassis stiffness improves lap times is one of those endless internet debates, but consider this -- allowing the suspension to work better results in more uniform contact patch loading when traversing lumpy pavement. It also makes for a much more confidence-inspiring (and pleasant) drive. Confidence is speed.
And there you have it :cool:
I now offer door bar retrofit as well, for anyone within driving distance who already has a bar and doesn't want to go with the full replacement route.

Moti

1 - 16 of 16 Posts