ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to install the axxis ULTs this weekend and have a couple questions:

1. When I dissembled my brakes, I noticed that I did not have the springs that are used to spread the brake pads apart. I heard some aftermarket pads don't need them, so do I need them for axxis ULTs?
  2. The shims (B in this picture http://www.miata.net/garage/anatomy.jpg) on my old brake pads are beyond mangled, do the axxis ULTs also require shims to be attached to the back side?
  3. It seems like when I try to fit the pads onto the caliper, the pads have an irregular shape such that they do not fit correctly on the squealer slots. If I force it in, the brake pads do not slide easily in or out. Would it be ok to file down the edges of the pads somewhat to make it fit better?
  4. I know the slider pins and squealer metal-to-metal contact points need some high-temp brake caliper grease on it. How about the 2 bolts that hold the caliper BRACKET? Should I put some anti-seize on there?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I believe you have to use shims and springs still.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Ooops ignore this accidental post lol.

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply! I tried to install new Axxis Ultimates tabs into the slots of the squealers but it doesn't seem to quite fit, which might be due to some slight manufacturing defect. Would it be ok to slightly file down to irregularities so that they would fit so that the pads can slide in and out smoothly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts