ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my chrome intake manifold today. Thanks fwdtamiya,Caldera and gunwoo for the tips. It wasn't much fun, took about 3 1/2 hours, but the end result is well worth it!! Let me know what you think!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Chrome that heat shield, man.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice. I've got a polished intake manifold that I was debating whether or not to chrome. But since there is so much labor to R&R I've debated whether I want to do it at all since I'd much rather have IRTB instead.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Chrome will turn blue and tarnish when exposed to enough heat. Have you ever seen chrome pipes on a Harley-Davidson? The intake manifold doesn't get hot enough to tarnish badly. I thought about installing a phenolic spacer while I had it all apart just in case.

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are the heat characteristics of chrome?
My valve cover has been on for about 6 months and it hasn't tarnished at all. The intake manifold should be the same.

Thanks for all the compliments!! I'm saving for a BEGI turbo (I may throw on a header for now) so the other side of the engine will look great!

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Looks good!!! I looked into getting mine powdercoated chrome when I got the valve cover done, that way I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it polished up.

What did the polish job cost you? Also was that 3 1/2 to take the old one off and the new one on or just putting the new one on?

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good!!! I looked into getting mine powdercoated chrome when I got the valve cover done, that way I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it polished up.

What did the polish job cost you? Also was that 3 1/2 to take the old one off and the new one on or just putting the new one on?
Thanks! I bought both my valve cover ($150) and intake manifold ($295) already chromed. The 3 1/2 hours included removing the old manifold and installing the new one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts