ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
cheap ebay top looks great imo
And it's water tight! Rained last night and today, and it was a nice, dry ride to work today! Seems quieter inside with the top and windows up, too.

·
Supporting Member
356 Posts
I just ordered one, mine has a few small tears and the zipper is ziptied together . Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice Job!

I just did mine, if you don't mind I'll add my experience here too!

I purchased my "inexpensive eBay top" from seller loriesuph shipped to my door for $160.

It seems like decent quality, mine even had the OEM style wrap around velcro on the bars!

I removed the old top and installed the new one in about 3.5 - 4 hrs, I didn't remove the seats, but I'm also quite tall and lanky so I can easily maneuver around them. When you have everything apart I recommend sending a coat hanger tool down the water drains located in the drip trays, mine where very clogged. I also left the guide cables on the top, I only drilled out the front rivet and left the rear screw in, then thread it threw while the top was laying on the car. The most difficult part was getting the plastic push pins on the lower seal back in the bottom of the top frame. It was fortunately sunny out when I finished so I let the top sit in the hot sun a bit before loosening the latches and closing it completely for the first time.

I've had it on for about 3 weeks now, still looks fantastic, and works well!

sorry no installation process pictures, here's the only one I have of it installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks good! :)

3.5-4 hours? You were bookin' it! I don't move that fast. ;)

And yeah, those pins totally sucked. That was where I spent the most time, too. I am not skinny and lanky, so my big stupid hands and arms just would not fit in the spaces they needed to! :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Supporting Member
356 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. Took from 9 to midnight to do with my girlfriend reading the how to and holding the light in my dim garage.

Pictures tomorrow hopefully. It seems to be decent quality, well worth the $207 it cost total as my old top was starting to tear at the corners.

Ill add that with a roll bar and fixed big drivers seat its a major pita to undo the back brace things on the inside of the rain rail.

Tools needed are a #2 phillips, 10mm deep socket and ratchet, and a trim tool.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yeah. I did mine in about 5 hours with a friend helping. Just don't put the top down for a week and let it stretch or you're not getting it back latched lol. Good job.

·
My toilet water goes the other way.
2,313 Posts
Spent the past week installing the old mans!

It didn't take a week.
It was a period over a week due to work..

21 - 40 of 84 Posts