ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
wish me luck boys. im about to get started with mine.... i'll do a bit tonight, go to bed, and spend a whole afternoon in a drunken haze tomorrow trying to get this bitch to stretch

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday, was a bitch to get to latch at first. I ended up putting a heavy box on the front bow and let it sit for an hour and then went back and it latched fine.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the tops all on and everything was done. spent about 3 hours last night, and about 5 hours today doing it. first time doing a miata top. i could have done it soo much faster if it wasn't for my stupid roll bars.

i can't get the thing to latch. about 45 minutes of trying hard. so i've invited my brother over for taco's, and then i'll rope him in to help me man handle the miata into letting us insert the latch

·
Registered
264 Posts
When I put my new top on I couldn't latch it either. I adjusted the latches as far out as they would go and let it sit out in the sun for a while to heat up the top. That worked and I finally got it latched. After stretching out some it now closes pretty easily, but it's still tight.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is mine, is also a ebay cheap top but for $170 and free shipping, still a good deal. took me 7hrs to do it. here are some pics.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
How's the top holding up? My son's top *should* be a good top, but... it sucks. And I doubt the rain rail is even in there as there's water in the trunk. This would be a quick, cheap replacement.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey MC70, My top is holding very good so far, is easy to check if there is a rail rain is there or not,just unbolt the rear bolts and check is there one there, also is water is in the trunk problably there is a holes beneath the top carpet, usually the drain hole are clog and water run to the front seats, just use a iron hanger or a steal rod to unclog and remove the carpet to check for holes. hope this help. Abe

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Hi Abe. Thanks for the suggestions. We just cleaned out the drains last night and the passenger side was clogged with all sorts of mud, leaves, and twigs. I guess the PO parked it under a tree all the time. We need to pull the fenders this week to clean that area as well.

There was a hole in the rear deck that the PO had 'drilled' to run a cord to the 6 disk changer. They also just randomly drilled a couple of holes to put screws down for ground points... moron...

Anyway, thanks again. I'll probably be getting another top for him soon, and it'll likely be one of these tops.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Think I might have to pull the trigger on one of these after reading all the good reviews. Mine is getting a tad worn out

Sent via Intergalactic Communicating Device

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Well any top with no holes will keep the rain out. What you should really make sure is that the seals are in good condition, or else rain will drip between the top of your window and the rubber door seals on the convertible tops frame

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well any top with no holes will keep the rain out. What you should really make sure is that the seals are in good condition, or else rain will drip between the top of your window and the rubber door seals on the convertible tops frame
My top has two hand sized rips on the top, seals are fine. Ebay top includes any rubber seals?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts