ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
I believe I posted this guys video already somewhere, but I recommend everyone who's about to replace their soft top watch it, A COUPLE TIMES. It answers a lot of questions and will make your life a lot easier. I didn't remove my whole soft top frame like he does in the video, but the video is still very helpful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Both of you guyz, toomanytoyz and thetech did an awesome job on both your cars installing those eBay soft tops. kudos

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just installed my top last night. Went on rather well. The only question I have is, where do you bolt the straps down to? In the thread it said "One of the bolts in the corner".

·
Registered
229 Posts
Those who have had trouble closing for the first time: are you leaving the nuts on the back rail loose and then tightening them after you latch the front header?

Thanks for the reviews... Was planning on running no soft top, but for the price I'll probably pick one up. Just have to get my hands on a frame...

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's what I did, latched the front THEN tightened the 13 nuts. Just gotta figure out where to hook the straps in the back.

I just did mine today. Took me a total of about 2.5 hrs start to finish. I bolted the straps on mine to the first bolt in on each end of the larger support bar. Fitment is excellent and for $155 shipped you really cant go wrong. To get it to latch the first time I loosened up the latches all the way, then me and a friend forced em on until we could latch em down. we let it sit for about 10-15 mins and then I tightened the latches back one at a time. That way it kept the tension on it and I could just keep it latched shut instead of trying to fight it all over again. Thanks a ton for this tutorial and I definitely recommend the ebay top for those looking for a quick easy cheap fix. Looks great, works great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh wow, nice job on that top install. A lot of work but I guess it's definately worth the effort knowing YOU installed it yourself. haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used one of these 150 ebay tops on my NA. Went on pretty easy too me 4 hours solo first time I've done a convertible top on anything. Top was on the car for a couple of years with no real issues when the car got totaled.

Complaints, I have 2. First the velcro straps that wrap around the back bow, after time and head they slip and slide, a pop rivet and a drill bit would solve this problem. Second, the top only attached to one bow (bow #2) so in top up driving the top would rattle against bow #3. maybe they've changed it but that was the way mine was built and it was a couple of years ago so some input from recent users would clarify this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just installed one of these today.
It took about 4 hours on and off working with a friend.

I still need to make some adjustments around the B pillar area, I cant seem to get it tight enough to remove some of the wrinkles.

Also excuse the body damage, I bought the car with it and replacing the top was just the first of many repairs that need to be made.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts