ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*click pics for videos*
so i got my exhaust all mated up and unfortunately it's too quiet..... it's barely a tad louder than what i had and i think was stock. here's a sound clip for anyone that can't find a clip already on youtube. 2000 rpm ->5200 ->2200. decided not to go any higher because my elderly neighbors were chilling on their patio and i didn't want to bother them with my boy racer car.

also, the tip somehow got hot enough on my drive to class this morning that it started melting the exhaust cutout. i knew the exhaust gets hout but not melting plastic with an inch of space hot. either way i need to figure something out.

lastly, the catback came with a few brackets that i assume is for the hanger closest to the tip since the hanger by the tip ends in a flat metal piece with a hole in it. only i have no idea what i'm supposed to bolt this to if anything at all. but it makes sense that i DO need to brace the end if the catback somehow because it moves quite a bit. here's a video.

i think that the movement coupled with the hot exhaust are actually what melted the inner lip of the cutout. any ideas on getting rid of that jiggle jiggle?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just got the same exhaust and i know the bracket you are talking about. I didnt end up using mine, and I welded on some extra tabs to the system to help eliminate the exhaust moving around. However, I didnt think the exhaust would get hot enough to melt the bumper at the tip of the exhaust. Ill have to space mine out a bit because I know mine is very close to the bumper. If I find out what those brackets are for today I will post up my findings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the same exhaust and i know the bracket you are talking about. I didnt end up using mine, and I welded on some extra tabs to the system to help eliminate the exhaust moving around. However, I didnt think the exhaust would get hot enough to melt the bumper at the tip of the exhaust. Ill have to space mine out a bit because I know mine is very close to the bumper. If I find out what those brackets are for today I will post up my findings.
please do. thanks a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.