ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I SEARCHED! I cannot find a How-To thread or instructions on installation. My concern is how much to cut off the tow hook brace and where to mount the hanger that is clamped on the muffler. I can't even find pictures of what I'm looking for.

I have a DP6061 with the adjustable muffler to make it turn down or straight-out. It also has a resonator but thats not important.

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to get this done today so any help or photos are greatly appreciated. And thanks Prescotter! Awesome seller and product was exactly how it was described.

-Anthony

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, but no.

I have the one with the over-engeneered looking strap around the canister that bolts up somewhere.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
looks to me the the strap hangs on the place of the hanger next to the tip in the oem one.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
^You got it right.

It hangs of that same hanger by the tip.

As far as cutting the tow hook, you are just cutting it off to clear the muffler. It doesnt need to be exactly anything. Just as long as the muffler clears it. If I remember correctly the install pictures showed it cut off about two inches up straight across.

You should measure the distance between the muffler and the hook on the exhaust, then cut the tow hook off slightly above that measurement measured from the hanger on the car.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I just installed it and i went like this:

Cut the tow hook brace 2.5 inches up.
Mounted the strap on the tow hook brace bolt. (I'll take photo's)
Found out my cat was gutted, yet I still pass NJ emissions.
Loud noises came from under the car.

Cool part is the tip is adjustable for straight or turn down style.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know what i can use to insulate my trunk for better noise cancelation? The drone is nonstop at all RPM's... yet nice and "quiet" outside the car. My conclusion is that i have a gutted trunk so the muffler and tip sit right under it making all the noise travel throughout the car.

Dynamat maybe? I'm not new to having an exhaust, just never had a droning problem this bad.. it's beyond loud inside. Can't hold a conversation. Post up some solutions.

This is how my trunk looks (not my car)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Maybe a resonated cat?

Hey here's a thought, since your cat is dead, Ill give you mine. Her name is Sara and she's about 17 years old. The only thing is, she's stuck up, and cranky as fuh! I cant stand that stupid betch anymore. She's about to die soon (I hope).. would make a great friend to a blind person :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe a resonated cat?

Hey here's a thought, since your cat is dead, Ill give you mine. Her name is Sara and she's about 17 years old. The only thing is, she's stuck up, and cranky as fuh! I cant stand that stupid betch anymore. She's about to die soon (I hope).. would make a great friend to a blind person :)
Shipping to 07748? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Visscus,
Obviously I know if i put a cat in the noise will go down, but i figured an insulation material help the drown a bit.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Not having a cat on these small engines will produce a lot of drone. This exhaust is already pretty dang loud as is. You might want to look into having a glasspack, large resonator, or reinstalling the cat.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not having a cat on these small engines will produce a lot of drone. This exhaust is already pretty dang loud as is. You might want to look into having a glasspack, large resonator, or reinstalling the cat.
Well i intended on having a cat, but the previous owner decided to gut it. I do have the resonator that came optional on the Danscreations Exhaust. I'll try to source a stock cat to replace.

That'll be step 1. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
that fatmat seems to be good stuff. line the bottom of the trunk and add a piece on the outside on the trunk right above the muffler. Your problem is that your trunk is nice and clean and the metal resonates and amplify the drone. If you are going for the weight saving thing, the resonator will work good but not as good as the mat because the trunk will still act as a speaker box resonating to the sound.

·
Registered
903 Posts
where can i find this exhaust?

·
Registered
903 Posts
damn it looks like a nice piece. ill keep a look out, thanks!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^what happen to the nice turn-down you used to have when your car looked different? that one was hot!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that fatmat seems to be good stuff. line the bottom of the trunk and add a piece on the outside on the trunk right above the muffler. Your problem is that your trunk is nice and clean and the metal resonates and amplify the drone. If you are going for the weight saving thing, the resonator will work good but not as good as the mat because the trunk will still act as a speaker box resonating to the sound.
Exactly what I thought! Thank you.

Mr. Mattman,
I was lucky enough to find a brand new one thanks to a member on here. I have seen them used in the FS section and a Trade thread since they are on the loud side. A suggestion would be trying to find a local with a Danscreation and having a shop replicate it. It's just a nice Magnaflow canister and some nicely bent and welded stainless steel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts