ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1992 donor car from a friend. The car is supercharged with the JRSC kit, and is currently running off of a voodoo box and a J&S knock sensor. I plan on doing everything myself as far as pulling it all off and installing the kit goes, but my only concern is the voodoo box. I figure I can use the box until I'm satisfied and comfortable with the car to go bigger and get myself a megasquirt. I also don't have the cash to go all out right now, so I would like to work with what I have, which is still the whole kit and from what I could muster up from past posts, seems to be some decent material.

I drive a 1990 1.6l so everything should just swap right over.

I guess the questions that come out of this post for now would be the following:

1. How easy would it be to "plug and play" the voodoo box and mess with the tuning functions and is it even worth keeping?

2. Is the J&S knock sensor worth keeping and if so, how difficult is it to get it to work properly?

It seems like nobody in my area that I have asked have worked with the two products above, so I'm seeking for some answers on the forums. Hope someone can help!

Regards,

90_smurf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pull the abomination that is JRSC m45, use it if you want. No one will prevent you from doing so but there are much better options.
2. if you decide to keep the m45 get some bigger injectors, i have a good write up on the 440cc wrx injectors that can be bought for 60$ and 32$ for rail spacers.
3. Ditch the poopoo box and go buy an ms2, either diy pnp, non pnp, or a prebuilt pnp
4. tune
5. profit

·
The colder Adam
2,194 Posts
The only part that may not switch over is if there is a crank overlay pulley to up the boost. Otherwise, it should be good and swap right over. If you are tight on funds, go for the MS first. Then injectors. Buy some re-manufactured RX8 yellows from eBay (can be had all day for $200 cleaned and ready to go, PNP).

I love my M45'd car. I run it on MS2PNP with the AFM delete and it is very, very fun. More than enough power to keep me entertained. If your blower is the newer style with the nose pulley that can be swapped, the 62.5mm pulley is a great addition too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts