ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
adrianas insurance

**** them!!!!
made me give $160 down, the canceled my policy becuz a point showed up on my licensed 3weeks later but if i would give another $70, they would reinstate it.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
switching to aaa insurance.
currently with allstate and paying 180 for 2 drivers and 2 cars.
aaa insurance for the same **** is 140.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
really?
you end up paying the middle man, you do realize that, right?
so when you go through a broker, they check your **** with a bunch of insurance companies, which you can do too!
a bit more time consuming to call a number of places, but hell...**** it.

i had a broker on one of my previous cars and any time i needed to make a change to my account - i had to pay money.
adding a vehicle? pay money
dropping a vehicle? pay money.

could have been the shitty policy i had, but still.
do some of your own leg work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your mom insures my car. Why do you need to know that? Grow a spine & make your own financial decisions...

·
Super Moderator
2,680 Posts
really?
you end up paying the middle man, you do realize that, right?
so when you go through a broker, they check your **** with a bunch of insurance companies, which you can do too!
a bit more time consuming to call a number of places, but hell...**** it.

i had a broker on one of my previous cars and any time i needed to make a change to my account - i had to pay money.
adding a vehicle? pay money
dropping a vehicle? pay money.

could have been the shitty policy i had, but still.
do some of your own leg work.
Lol, you started a thread stating you were to lazy to find the information on your own!

·
here for farts
680 Posts
My dad knows the broker who I am with,they take amazing care of me.adding cars dropping them,shopping me around every few months if I ask. Currently they have me with explorer ins. Co. And I really like them, had an accident and after one call they took care of everything for the lexus I hit.paying 140 a month with my miata and a truck.that is with an injury collision and a speeding ticket within the last 5 years.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My broker is cheap, and finds me rates a hell of a lot cheaper than I can find on my own. I'll pay the $120 upfront and save $60 a month

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lol, you started a thread stating you were to lazy to find the information on your own!
no i didn't.

My broker is cheap, and finds me rates a hell of a lot cheaper than I can find on my own. I'll pay the $120 upfront and save $60 a month
nice! for me it wasn't just an upfront cost. it was also a fee anytime i wanted to do anything to my policy.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Usaa. Cheap as ****. Love them. Had progressive first, and they were alright until they charged me $1700 for motorcycle insurance coverage over some paperwork they never sent me.
Jumbosrule said:
USAA is the way to go if you have an "in" via a family member in the military. None of the stereotypes: helpful, speedy, fair... I'm a fan.

That being said, anybody who modifies a car and has feelings for it should consider a declared value policy. Otherwise in an accident you will be compensated for the stock value of the car without any aftermarket parts, unless there is a provision for that kind of thing in your policy. In the case of the Miata I feel like it is worth it if the total value of the parts in your car is above $12,000 or so. If you wreck the car and have a regular policy, the only way to even come close to recovering your investment is to keep the salvage and part out all the un-damaged items. I've done this. While it is cost effective and somewhat satisfying, it is not at all convenient. For the sake of your own sanity and because you know you will just end up modifying the next car you buy, I think being compensated for the full value - and then walking away from the carlationship is the way to go.

With declared value, you get back what you say you put in. Of course, you pay for that priveledge in premiums. Pay now or take a chance you could be paying more later? Whatever works for your life situation...
Yup. Usaa is the way to go. When i was 21, $48 for liability only on miata... Swapped to full coverage after i got hit and ran and now i sit at $149 in the miata. Treat me right on everything i ask.... Let you slide on missing payments as long as you get back at them. Im 23 now and best insurance i have had by far.

Oh and they cover up to 5,000 on aftermarket

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I've been with USAA since I was 16. I am now 36. I was a insurance agent for 7+ years and sold over 12,000 policies nationwide. There is no way in hell I would leave USAA. There is a reason why USAA is ranked #1 in customer satisfaction every year for the past 30 years. The company I worked for tried to copy USAA's customer service but couldn't come close.

If your parents were ever in the military have them call USAA. They might qualify and if they do you will qualify for it!

Here is what I tell my friends when looking for insurance rates.

1. Don't ever deal with a broker. They don't work for the company so if they **** up your policy they can't help you out.
2. Shop around. Call the company directly. Some companies offer discounts that you might qualify for. (varies from state to state)
3. Call your current company to see if they have new discounts
4. Shop every policy term.
5. Some states have pay in full discounts
6. Don't believe a company when they tell you they can price match. It's against the law in all 50 states.

Thanks all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
phillyb™;1261224 said:
no i didn't.

nice! for me it wasn't just an upfront cost. it was also a fee anytime i wanted to do anything to my policy.
You know, I've had my insurance for 3 years and I haven't had to make any changes to my policy yet. I'm sure I'll get fucked in the ass with another $120 fee when I insure my Miata. :scream:

·
Registered
396 Posts
All state: $105 a month for full coverage on the miata which includes roadside, towing, rental, and a pathetically small $25K home insurance. i have insurance on way too much stuff...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Geico: $63 a month. liability, 0 deductable comprehensive/collision

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have Geico, they are decent I guess. By far the cheapest I could get....But I still pay $330 a month, which goes quite fucking nicely with my $380 a month car payment...

EDIT: I have full coverage with rental reimbursement for 30 days, and 500 dollar deductibles on everything.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
and 7 accidents and 10 moving violations
and 8 cars and 7 people on the policy?
330 seems like a lot, unless that's not usd...

·
Administrator
15,610 Posts
I have Geico, they are decent I guess. By far the cheapest I could get....But I still pay $330 a month, which goes quite fucking nicely with my $380 a month car payment...

EDIT: I have full coverage with rental reimbursement for 30 days, and 500 dollar deductibles on everything.

LOL WUT.

I thought i was getting raped at $240/month for 5 cars, two drivers, full coverage on two of those cars, with $500 deductibles on everything.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Had to sign a disclosure agreement with my insurance company that stated my wife would never drive my Z32 in order to insure it... if i didn't, she would have cost me $88 (what i pay for me) plus $450 (just for her) with $1000 deductible for full coverage on one car... after she was taken off, full coverage was $88 a month, $500 deductible.

and yet, i'm the one with 13 speeding tickets along with two noise violations, one tint, one illegal u-turn, an exhibition of speed, and 3 "speed in excess"...

21 - 40 of 46 Posts