ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hear and read on the forums something about losing 4ft lbs over the high RPM range if you take your stock intake tube off???

if true......what if i just put a cone filter on the end of that pipe and delete everything after the end of the intake tube........(the airbox and snorkel)
any benefit???

or

if i just run a cold side intake???? where does the MAF go?????

i have an AEM filter can i just put that on the end of the factory intake air tube and get rid of the box and so forth and it work fine with increase in airflow???? (got a heatshield too by the way)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I just stuck an k&n on the end of my maf, the main difference was I liked the noise. I couldnt honestly say I felt a difference, other than I was hammering it because it sounded cool :)

Ive heard people say the cowl intake makes the biggest difference powerwise. I would say thats prolly the right idea, try to find a cold air source to funnel to the filter, where ever, hood scoop, tsi, cowl.

·
Banned
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know its only an intake haha so net power maybe 2-3 hp depending on location.......

but i still want it. i was just wondering if i keep the MAS on there and just attach an AEM filter on the end will that work and have driveability just get rid of the airbox and the little snorkel that comes off the backside of the airbox......

anybody done that?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well im my case i have a 1.6 so i made an intake and i got a proven 7.2 HP gain!
First i made my hood cowl up 1 inch in the backThen i bought an adapter to put a race filter on the stock intake and i bought a intake for a civic 92-95 did some measuing ang cutting and ran the piping to the back by the clutch master where the hood is poped up! So for a low budget i made 7 hp for under $50 bucks!Not to mention a great deep sound!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
No im sad to say that the place that i dyno it at was a smog check place and i guess it was totally done wron because i took it to a school with a dyno today and the home made intake only made 4Hp better than the stock! Sorry about the confusion!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts