ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 1.8 intake pipe fit onto a 1.6 throttle body and all those hoses that it needs to get hooked up to? im wanting to run a larger diamater intake pipe over the top of my anti-freeze hose. then im going to run it to the Rx-7 AFM then to my diy TSI. i figure since the RX-7 afm has a 3" outlet then it should have a bigger pipe to run to the throttle body. now my original idea called for pvc, but when i saw those hoses connecting to the intake hose before the throttle body it made my plan much more complicated. so im trying to find a way to make it happen. any ideas?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I will take a picture of all this tomorrow morning for you, I have also made a PVC intake and all this other stuff you are thinking about.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I tried making a "custom" intake from an Injen Protege CAI and using a piece of 2" PVC to route in IAC but the 90* bend gave me shitty throttle response and I ended up going back to the stock one anyway.

This is all temporary till I get my TWM IRTBs. 8)

Attachments

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Note: That was a 1.8 intake pipe, I forgot to say that earlier.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my RX-7 afm and my 1.8L intake pipe put on the other day and of everything it sounds great top end!!!i had to modify my intake pipe a little more than the above pics but i used JB weld to patch up any gaps. it works quite well. adjustments to the afm were necessary but after reading up on it i found out how to make it work. otherwise i have a little lag in the takeoff theres nothing bottom end possibly do to a leak in the intake pipe ill have to check. but when it opens up i can feel a difference. not huge, but significant. but like i say, biggest change, the sound of the intake is great!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts