ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best intake to get for the price? Any way out could just run a intake off the throttle body?

·
Registered
945 Posts
The only useful info from me is get a K&N drop in pan filter. About $45 from autozone. It really does help. There are tests showing the gains. And you can clean and reuse it for life.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
DIY COLDside

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just replaced the whole box with a conical filter. Fun noises and a tad more responsive. Then I did a heatshield which made a decent difference on the highway.

Super easy stuff.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking what if you just put a filter like k&n right onto the throttle body? Would that not work since the sensor would not go anywhere? I was planning on just putting on a filter but wondered of deleting some of the piping is possible.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
afm/maf is completely unnecessary. Snip connection. Toss in trash. Mash filter onto throttle body. Start car immediately.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
afm/maf is completely unnecessary. Snip connection. Toss in trash. Mash filter onto throttle body. Start car immediately.
+1 that's what I did. Oh wait I have ms.

·
Registered
61 Posts
cone filter on intake only if you have MS... otherwise you will have to extend the wires from the maf so that it will run to the other side

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Niceee. Glad to see some positive first hand experiences based off my suggestions. :lol:
I'm just kidding lol but I did remove the maf and have ms hooked up.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
DIY is really the only way to go. I bought $40 worth of tubing and had a friend weld it up. Way better than wasting the money on the rb elbow which doesn't replace the restrictive plastic tube.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts