ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

on the on-ramp for the 605-s.. stuck in traffic 2:30pm?

<3 Cali traffic haha

yep..

got here around 3:30pm outside of Integrated performance.

Richard's Celica & my roadster

Justin's FC BNSPORTS!!

one of the IP cars.. featured in sport compact car i think? back in 05'?

shot from the rear of the shop.

another IP car.

YEEEEE

same 350z that crashed at qualcom stadium in SD.

random shot

both of the red IP cars.. both turbo.

Kevin on the left and Colin & his gf on the right.

shameless plug for ip hahah

can't forget about CLUBROADSTER!

my friend Kyle showing us his favorite finger.

Lance's s14.5 of dori2club.

emotions.

Paul's roadster.

display glass.

shot from outside the garage, my roadster, Linh's, & yellow SC nb on the left.

Betrayed's turbo roadster.

didn't get this guys name.. but JR sc nb.

90_mx

office area.. red seats are megan racing buckets.. (made of cf i believe and they are FIA approved)

another display case.. shift knobs and etc.

driftM5

better shot of Lance's car.

megan coilover's 10/8 kg.

har har har

Ce28n Peter's new work equip 03's.

thanks to Alex & Hector @ Integrated Performance for having us..(donuts & drinks)

anyone wants higher resolution images just email me at [email protected]
& tell me which ones you want.

enjoy the pics,
Andrew =D>

·
Registered
692 Posts
awesome, the whole point of me scrolling through those pics was to get a look at petes new wheels.... very nice pete!!! i'll be at the next meet.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
GREAT PICS, look like a fun meet. Anybody know how to make a louvers into the hood like that?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Anybody know how to make a louvers into the hood like that?
Discussion in earlier thread titled "polished louvered aluminum hood." Basically you have to cut away the underlying support structure and then an experienced fabricator will use an expensive metal working tool known as a louver press to punch the louvers out. This machine produces even, repeatable louvers but due to its expense it is not something for the home DIYer. Although small by hand punches are available it's probably best to take your hood to a hot rod shop that specializes in this thing. It'll cost a few hundred bucks if you just chop out a portion of the support structure and punch two rows of louvers. If you want the entire support structure removed so that you can reinstall it completely intact you'll have to break all the spot welds that hold it in place which is much more time consuming and expensive job. Once the louvers are punched out you'll likely want to repaint the hood as well.

·
Registered
489 Posts

Kevin on the left and Colin & his gf on the right.

Hahaha, whos the goon giving the thumbs-up? :mrgreen:

I was thinking:"If only my racecar was held together with zip-ties... haha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have always wanted to have my hood look like that. (the red one) After seeing th M3 CSL hood I really wanted it and didnt want to risk doing it myself due to rust and stuff. I really havent seen any company that makes a hood like that have you guys seen one?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Anybody know how to make a louvers into the hood like that?
Discussion in earlier thread titled "polished louvered aluminum hood." Basically you have to cut away the underlying support structure and then an experienced fabricator will use an expensive metal working tool known as a louver press to punch the louvers out. This machine produces even, repeatable louvers but due to its expense it is not something for the home DIYer. Although small by hand punches are available it's probably best to take your hood to a hot rod shop that specializes in this thing. It'll cost a few hundred bucks if you just chop out a portion of the support structure and punch two rows of louvers. If you want the entire support structure removed so that you can reinstall it completely intact you'll have to break all the spot welds that hold it in place which is much more time consuming and expensive job. Once the louvers are punched out you'll likely want to repaint the hood as well.

Guess i'll move on, maybe i'll put a NACA duct on the hood.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you guys want louvered hoods let me know and I can get them done by a friend. The same one who did the one on the red miata. I'm not sure on the price but I'll check. The only thing is that we'll need a core returned. Let me know and thank you all for showing up last night hopefully you guys liked it and maybe we can do it again. We'' try to make it better. Ideas are more than welcome. Ok i got to do something so I'll see you soon.

M

·
0 Posts
I really havent seen any company that makes a hood like that have you guys seen one?
MiataRoadster.com will soon be retailing Monster Motorsports products including their louvered hood, Wilwood-based 11" big-brake kit, rectangular low-profile headlight kit, rear spoiler, and fender flare/bumpers set.

PM me if interested in the hood or any of the other parts and I'll get back to you with pricing and availability.

Thanks,

Bill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts