ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
The gauge faces look a little off at first glance for some reason, but if you compare it to the genuine one Jesse has pictured in his Garage, the ebay one looks legit.

You can't doubt the JDM experts on .net though :roll: :lol:

·
3,857 Posts
..not to hurt anyone's feelings but I don't like them!

·
3,542 Posts
looks legit to me :)

Jeezus I lookd up the thread on M. Net! Now the guy's doubting his own item! Heathens!

FYI: I sent the seller a note and included a link to this thread. I got this reply from him today:

"Hello

I got this part from a mazda dealership in my city, I will go ask them if what you guys are saying is true, if so then I thank you for this information as I can probably filie fraud claims against them and that will help me get my money back and maybe more.

Arigato

Kazuto Tominaga"

·
1,213 Posts
how much !!! looks legit to me too, and does absolutely nothing for me ... for that money you could get some AWD faces and needle caps , K G Works guage cluster and enough spare cash for a good night out !!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
That looks cool 2 me.
Price is about right. The JDM cluster in my Subaru cost 550 bux.

But it's totally worth having the center tach right!? :lol:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
the center tach on Subarus make all the difference. I think my version 7 tach was the favorite thing on the WRX. I like the miata more though..

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
If the cluster was designed a little differently than stock somehow (i.e. center tach) I could maybe justify the cost but just with new faces and revised limits, it's a little hard. Nice piece for the rarity factor though.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
The gauges are actually rescaled. ie. it's not just a gauge-face. If you look at the start-point and end-point, it is the same as the stock one, only the gauges are rescaled to give the extra 1000rpm. Likewise the speedo (as compared to the JDM 180mph speedo)

But of course, as with everything, rarity determines price.

·
Registered
765 Posts
But of course, as with everything, rarity determines price.
Yes, thats definitely part of the equation.
Having dealt in used auto parts for more then 25 yrs I can say
that it takes a couple things.

Rarity + Demand = Price

Lots of automotive things are quite rare but worth no significant amount.
I have owned those type of parts before.
You need a market/customers.

There is a market, albeit a "small" one, in the US for JDM Miata stuff. There are those that will pay double, triple and prices beyond for things Japanese. Some are in love with anything JDM just because it is, and go chasing after those items.
I personally dont fall into that catagory and generally like things primarily because of the style, usefullness, or performance aspect without caring whether its from Japan, Mexico or from Poland. ;)

I wouldnt pay near that kind of $$ for this piece but I know others here might, and thats fine with me. Afterall, these things are subjective as has been mentioned about art. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
The gauges are actually rescaled. ie. it's not just a gauge-face. If you look at the start-point and end-point, it is the same as the stock one, only the gauges are rescaled to give the extra 1000rpm. Likewise the speedo (as compared to the JDM 180mph speedo)
That's what I meant, just didn't explain it properly #-o

1 - 14 of 14 Posts