ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am forwarding this from the thread on Miata.net.

This is Emilio's (949Racing) newest creation specifically built for racing the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill on December 3-4. Some of CR.net's very own are going to participate on this effort and/or have been working hard for the past 12 months to make this race possible. With 28 days to go, Team 949Racing is definitely very excited that this is going to happen.

And now I'll leave it for Emilio to explain:

Some of you have already seen pics of our new enduro car. Just wanted to post a few more detailed pics for those that are interested.

The car is built specifically for the NASA 25 hours at Thunderhill Dec 3-4. It's an E2 car mapped from PTD. The VVT engine is purpose built, tuned exactly to the 148whp we are capped at for the class power to weight ratio.

The car's job is to gain the most track position for the least amount of fuel. Within that, the car must be able to run hard for 25 hours, at night, in the rain. It needs to be easy to diagnose and service. It needs to have the best possible safety equipment.

The car has no fuses or relays, instead relying on a solid state power switching unit, the Smartwire by Racepak. The fuse box you see in the engine bay is empty. Just an emergency spot to tap into hot leads in the engine bay should the need arise. The little box on the tunnel below the shifter is a Racepak USM (Universal Sensor Module) for our fuel level sender.
We were fiddling with the capacitor for the sequential COP conversion, hence the electrical tape (orange!) sliced open there. ESS Automatic fire system not completely installed in this photo.

More details on the build can be found on our blog; Behind the Wheel.

Center spot LED light bars not mounted in these pics

·
Banned
478 Posts
I know my car's on the other spectrum than this, but I really do love a properly setup miata.

25hrs. is insane on so many levels. focus, reliability, driver errors, abuse, proper setups, alternating road conditions, teamwork; all at such demanding levels. just plain nuts!

without doubt, the best of luck. thanks for posting Vaga & hopefully Emilio keeps us filled in over here as well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice! I'd love to have a 250whp car that's also super reliable. PM me thy secrets Mr. Emilio! ;)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know my car's on the other spectrum than this, but I really do love a properly setup miata.

25hrs. is insane on so many levels. focus, reliability, driver errors, abuse, proper setups, alternating road conditions, teamwork; all at such demanding levels. just plain nuts!

without doubt, the best of luck. thanks for posting Vaga & hopefully Emilio keeps us filled in over here as well.
I'll probably end up being the messenger for Team 949Racing at the event, assuming I'm not busy driving or sleeping between stints. When all else fails, other CR.net member will chime in updates during the event.

·
here for farts
680 Posts
i remember seeing the tub at the swap meets. it turned out so nice. the work that went into just the tub was cool to see. will it be out for the swap meet in a few weeks?

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's for you to find out and us to mystify you. :p
:(

I am in the process of building a high strung naturally aspirated 1.8 in my clean room (aka master bath!) and have gotten everything spec'd. I have documented everything and will post the results once I'm done with the engine. So far, just about everything is at the machine shop. Crank had been knife edged yesterday and is sitting pretty in the balanced block. I'm hoping to shoot for roughly 200 ponies. Sorry to jack, I'll just start my own thread later. ;)

---

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
You really have to see this car in person to take in all the modifications and detailed improvememts it has gone through. It really is a neat car. Nice work!

·
Registered
441 Posts
So would I. This car makes 148whp on a calibrated Dynojet 248C.
Man, I need a couple of smokes after fapping several times! I told my wife to tape printed pictures and specs of the car on the back of her head everytime we have sex from now on!!!

---

·
Mufasa in Training
33,824 Posts
Is this the one that got acid-dipped?

Why the sequential COP?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts