ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just a few things while I support the idea of removing a very indecent, and terrible character from the world. Why don't we use this type of action to help our own struggling nation? As the United States we police the world. We take on other countries problems, and neglect our own. I'm not promoting isolationism, but we cant help anyone if we can not help ourselves. Has anyone looked around lately? What do you see? We are a nation on the verge of separating we have politicians so corrupt that the only way to get into office is to be just as corrupt as they are. Look at Ron Paul the one guy who actually cares about the U.S, and wants to make a change not continue the massive spending, and the big government idea he can't even get on the news because the media has blacked him out. This nation has changed from the people making the decisions to the media, and officials telling you what is right, what you need, all the way to the people in office deciding whats best. We were founded on democracy, and yet none of the American peoples voice can be heard. There is something terrible wrong here, and I know I can't be the only one who see's it. Yes lets take out this terrible problem in Africa, but at the same time lets do the same here. The United States isn't as united as it once was. Maybe if we use the same approach this man did we can change that.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just had this brought to my attention and searched here to see if there was a thread. Looks like someone beat me by a day on here haha.

I have been trying to find something I would actually want to volunteer for, and this sounds like it may be a good cause. After reading the counter-argument it blames this movement for the failed attempts at a peace treaty? I didn't see anything cited to prove that.

I do agree though that the film pulls on a lot of emotional strings. I guess you kind of need to do that to get the ball rolling.

I'll do some more research, but perhaps someone can chime in if they have any more knowledge of either side of this as well?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Of course, that's why I am doing more research and asking if anyone else could chime in with info they may have.I thought that was clear from what I had posted lol.

·
6,286 Posts
I just had this brought to my attention and searched here to see if there was a thread. Looks like someone beat me by a day on here haha.

I have been trying to find something I would actually want to volunteer for, and this sounds like it may be a good cause. After reading the counter-argument it blames this movement for the failed attempts at a peace treaty? I didn't see anything cited to prove that.

I do agree though that the film pulls on a lot of emotional strings. I guess you kind of need to do that to get the ball rolling.

I'll do some more research, but perhaps someone can chime in if they have any more knowledge of either side of this as well?
Did you click the links in the counter argument?

The main problem I would have, is how the resources (read: Your money) is spent. Seeing what I've seen so far, I'd have to do more research before putting ANY money near them.

edit: I agree with some of the counter points the video seems... egocentric.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just a few things while i support the idea of removing a very indecent, and terrible character from the world. Why don't we use this type of action to help our own struggling nation? As the united states we police the world. We take on other countries problems, and neglect our own. I'm not promoting isolationism, but we cant help anyone if we can not help ourselves. Has anyone looked around lately? What do you see? We are a nation on the verge of separating we have politicians so corrupt that the only way to get into office is to be just as corrupt as they are. Look at ron paul the one guy who actually cares about the u.s, and wants to make a change not continue the massive spending, and the big government idea he can't even get on the news because the media has blacked him out. This nation has changed from the people making the decisions to the media, and officials telling you what is right, what you need, all the way to the people in office deciding whats best. We were founded on democracy, and yet none of the american peoples voice can be heard. There is something terrible wrong here, and i know i can't be the only one who see's it. Yes lets take out this terrible problem in africa, but at the same time lets do the same here. The united states isn't as united as it once was. Maybe if we use the same approach this man did we can change that.
this is the same thing i was thinking

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think what you all want. I've personally met representatives from this organization and know folks who have become involved. Nothing wrong with being skeptical and choosing not to donate. There is something wrong with not allowing yourself to become aware. That was the purpose of posting this. :)

·
Supporting Member
1,543 Posts
I am aware.
I do not care.

We have our own problems in America to worry about, before going to defend some 3rd world country. People who want to donate, or whatever that's personal choice and it's a free country more power to you. I'm just saying, it's kind of ignorant of you to send money off to like i said, some 3rd world country (who by the way does not give a **** about you) when you can be spending (donating) it here for a MUCH better cause.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just a few things while I support the idea of removing a very indecent, and terrible character from the world. Why don't we use this type of action to help our own struggling nation? As the United States we police the world. We take on other countries problems, and neglect our own. I'm not promoting isolationism, but we cant help anyone if we can not help ourselves. Has anyone looked around lately? What do you see? We are a nation on the verge of separating we have politicians so corrupt that the only way to get into office is to be just as corrupt as they are. Look at Ron Paul the one guy who actually cares about the U.S, and wants to make a change not continue the massive spending, and the big government idea he can't even get on the news because the media has blacked him out. This nation has changed from the people making the decisions to the media, and officials telling you what is right, what you need, all the way to the people in office deciding whats best. We were founded on democracy, and yet none of the American peoples voice can be heard. There is something terrible wrong here, and I know I can't be the only one who see's it. Yes lets take out this terrible problem in Africa, but at the same time lets do the same here. The United States isn't as united as it once was. Maybe if we use the same approach this man did we can change that.
This. I'm all for helping other people, but we need to help fix the corruption and debt before we end up the same way. I see all the problems man, you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Ron Paul is a man who can fix things for us, and needs to be recognized as one, but, no one knows who he is, except for the people who actually give a damn, and aren't sold by the media.

·
6,286 Posts
Think what you all want. I've personally met representatives from this organization and know folks who have become involved. Nothing wrong with being skeptical and choosing not to donate. There is something wrong with not allowing yourself to become aware. That was the purpose of posting this. :)
Agreed 100%. I'm educating myself (and sharing my information) with others. It just so happens that I'm of the opposite camp.

The question for me is: There are literally THOUSANDS of non-profits/ charities/ help centers.. why should I choose one that made an incredibly fancy video that probably cost over $5000 JUST for the video, to advocate for a MANHUNT?

Hitler did something similar back in the 30's-40's. He swayed a whole country to do his bidding.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I am aware.
I do not care.

(who by the way does not give a **** about you)
Politics aside, I think for children you shouldn't be so close minded. They are innocent, and shouldn't be categorized with politics....

an incredibly fancy video that probably cost over $5000 JUST for the video, to advocate for a MANHUNT?
I would assume that the guy filming is is a film guru himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it himself... Just a thought. But marketing works, that video is great marketing for their organization.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I was for this THREE YEARS AGO I went to a few rallies. It's stupid its just a bunch of college kids thinking they mean something. Its all a scam, greed surfaces everywhere and this corporation is no exception.

What about our country or Syria or the COUNTLESS of other genocides that have happened over the past 30 years in Africa?

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
They made 9 million in donations last year and only 31% went to these children. They spent $850,000 on film production and $750,000 on equipment. It's a good thing that they tried to do, but it is all the wrong ways.

What about the horrible things that kids in our own country go through? Beaten, raped, and forced into gangs? Everyone has problems, we can help everyone.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
They made 9 million in donations last year and only 31% went to these children. They spent $850,000 on film production and $750,000 on equipment. It's a good thing that they tried to do, but it is all the wrong ways.

What about the horrible things that kids in our own country go through? Beaten, raped, and forced into gangs? Everyone has problems, we can help everyone.
The problem is, even donating in our own country, only pennies on the dollar reache who it is meant for.

Take Boys & Girls club of American for instance. While I don't dispute the good they do, I do have MAJOR issues with how their funding is/was spent. The CEO received nearly a million dollars ($1,000,000.00) in compensation. How much good could be done with that money?! Even if the ceo made $200k they would have a healthy lifestyle and the other 800k could go where it was meant for.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The problem is, even donating in our own country, only pennies on the dollar reache who it is meant for.

Take Boys & Girls club of American for instance. While I don't dispute the good they do, I do have MAJOR issues with how their funding is/was spent. The CEO received nearly a million dollars ($1,000,000.00) in compensation. How much good could be done with that money?! Even if the ceo made $200k they would have a healthy lifestyle and the other 800k could go where it was meant for.
This kind of information is extremely helpful in deciding what charities to support. Orgs. with an open-book policy on their finances show they have nothing to hide.

One of the orgs I support is Heifer International. 72% of their revenue goes to recipients and they encourage/require recipients to help others as they were helped once they can. Not trying to jack, just adding a "+1" to the camp of do your homework and know where your money is going.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts