ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type or what are you using to hold your phone in your car?
Was looking at eBay the vent one 5 bucks is not bad to try it out post um.

·
Supporting Member
77 Posts
THIS IS A PLAN, NOT WHAT I HAVE COMPLETED.

I have been thinking of putting the carpet in replacement of the center console, and instead of the ashtray, mounting a standard dock for my iPhone 4S, and hard wiring in a charging cable so it always charges, and also running the 3.5mm jack into a 4 channel amp, and going headless. In theory, it will be too easy and will use the basic and standard Apple iPhone dock.

Use your imagination!

·
SuperMOD
2,502 Posts
THIS IS A PLAN, NOT WHAT I HAVE COMPLETED.

I have been thinking of putting the carpet in replacement of the center console, and instead of the ashtray, mounting a standard dock for my iPhone 4S, and hard wiring in a charging cable so it always charges, and also running the 3.5mm jack into a 4 channel amp, and going headless. In theory, it will be too easy and will use the basic and standard Apple iPhone dock.

Use your imagination!
^ similar to my setup, but I have my phone suction mounted to the window because I use Waze whenever I'm driving. I'd recommend getting a cable like this so you only need one. The sound quality is better too.

·
Supporting Member
77 Posts
I hope to get this done soon and do a write up… think with as many people that are going headless and that own iPhones that its a good cheap deal. And we all know that todays phones need constant charging

·
SuperMOD
2,502 Posts
Oh yeah, and get one of these to control the volume.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use one of THESE in my Honda Jazz (Fit) to get sounds from my iPhone into the stock head units Aux-In and power from the 12v socket into the phone, it works great. No messing about with plugging a 3.5mm jack into the iPhone as everything is dealt with in one connector at the phone end. You could probably get a convertor to make the 3.5mm connector into phono plugs or whatever the amp needs for its input.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
What type or what are you using to hold your phone in your car?
Was looking at eBay the vent one 5 bucks is not bad to try it out post um.

I have used several phone holders in my NB but recently purchased the Mounteck and it is by far the best I have used yet. (see link below)

http://www.amazon.com/Mounteks-nGro...sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323185342&sr=8-2-spell

(It is also available on ebay for the same price)
It mounts into the CD slot and while I questioned this at 1st, it does not interfere with any controls and does not activate the CD changer. This puts the phone in the center of the dash between the upper two vents where it is easy to read.... it also holds the phone or a GPS in the horizontal plane as well.

I use it with a 3gs phone that is in an otter box defender case and it works great with or without the case.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I zipped-tied a cheap generic spring-loaded holder to one of my vents. After years of usage, its still very sturdy and very visible/usable. I charge my phone via USB on my HU.

I do also have a suction mount with a beanbag mount. However, in the Miata, its not very stable nor is it sturdy. Keep in mind that in California, its illegal to suction-cup anything on to your windshield.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My LG Neon fits perfectly in the door pull...

·
Registered
25 Posts
moto droid razr suction mount :twisted:

they overengineered the mount, they even left holes in the back for the camera, i plan on using it as a dash cam for autox next season

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've been meaning to take some closed cell packing foam to make a snug fit dock that lays the phone down in the sunglasses holder. Maybe I'll start it this weekend since i took the car off the road for the season.

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I order the vent one I'll post if not I'll have to get the other one that's sticks to the glass ahhh

1 - 20 of 34 Posts