ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** UPDATED 4/10/06 **

Note - these are existing links to .wmv/.qt/..mov files and some may no longer be valid.

This new one taken from one of the most amazing Miata's on the planet in Japan. Interior shot on track with Music SOT.

This sticky will include links to audio and/or video clips for Miata specific IRTB's.

Blue Potato / RS Aizawa IRTBs
Stock 1.8 with RB Header and ZOOM Exhaust

CLIP #1 - Driving

CLIP #2 - Parked

Keith Tanner in his 1.6 Seven

Chris Chu's Miata with tach on steriods

Chris Chu's Miata - another shot of tach and drive

Links to Chikara's IRTB system - an excellent system

While not a Miata - but this is a video clip that inspired me to ditch the S/C and go with open throttle bodies. Click if you dare!

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I just watched that last clip and I think I need a new keyboard. :oops:

GOOD LORD!! That is the most glorious sound EVER!

M

·
0 Posts
timallen said:
That is the most glorious sound EVER!
Damn! I think I need to move out of CA so I can have those on my car!

BTW, RJDM.net members, please don't drive like that on public streets.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
im going to check these out when Im home from work.

Just curious, how do the performance gains of IRTB's compare with the forced induction options? Give or take the pricing looks to be about the same, and right now I can only imagine how damn good the IRTB system sounds. Looks 10x better than any turbo or s/c too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
...i second that. they are very different style. if you're addicted to the numbers on the dyno, ITB is not for you.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,064 Posts
I still don't understand why folks love the Stook clip so much...those exhausts are annoying and the car is unfiltered...WAAY too loud for public streets, IMHO.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I like it because its like an outlaw race car on the street. If you want attention its a good way to get it short of a Lamborghini Gallardo or Ford GT. It's probably a fun toy but too loud to be a daily driver.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,064 Posts
I guess I really don't care about drawing attention. I'd rather have something that works, and makes the car faster.

If that's all the IRTB's are about, I guess I really need to find something else.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
There's something to be said for stealth and not drawing attention to one's self. I'm pretty sure the silent break away characteristics of the Falken Azenis tires have saved me from getting pulled over more than once.

·
Registered
116 Posts
awesome idea for a thread.

too bad one of the clips don't work, and nobody even opens it up all the way except for that seven.

always loved that s2k clip, sounds amazing.

never heard a miata sound that nice...

although itb's aren't for everybody, i've owned boosted cars and naturally aspirated cars. and in most cases i prefer driving a moderately quick n/a car over a faster boosted car.

its hard to explain in detail, but reguardless of how good of a tune, the boosted power feels like soggy dog poop in comparison to the crisp snappy feel of a nicely tuned n/a car. the throttle response, the linear power, itb's would just make these qualitys all the more wonderful.

·
Registered
482 Posts
After getting to drive Jimmy's IRTB car at the Gap i'm sold. Only problem is he currently doesn't have a well developed kit for the BP-ZE (VVT Motor) Anyone know of a good kit for this motor? I've talked with Ocean from www.chikaramotorsports.com they seem the furthest along with the new motor, but using the Freedom ECU which is all in Japanese is way over my head. Does anyone think the Hydra would able to control everything?? Its my goal to be running standalone by next autocross season since my car runs in CSP, I think the IRTB's would be a great mod to accompany this. But I've just started my research...

(T minus 355 days to IRTBS ) :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've already got that in the works Bryan.. :) my little secret until it gets here... I'll give you a hint its runs on a clutch and says Made in Japan all over it...

1 - 20 of 170 Posts